The SmartEdge 1200 Multi-Service Edge Router (MSER) consolidates and simplifies the network edge, allowing operators to accommodate more bandwidth, more traffic, and more subscribers.
The SmartEdge 1200 MSER combines Ethernet aggregation, advanced subscriber management, IP/MPLS PE functionalities, and other advanced services onto a single compact platform.
- Its massive scalability, high availability and software features enable carriers to overcome the technical barriers of demanding emerging applications.
- It can double carrier capacity for new video upgrades and extend multi-play services to mobile broadband networks.
- It can integrate up to six network applications into a single router.
- It supports more than 750,000 subscribers in one rack to facilitate the delivery of IPTV, HDTV, broadband and megabit mobility.
- Its advanced services include the integration of features for multiple applications, such as SBG/VoIP, P2P management and security.
Flexible and Reliable
The award-winning SmartEdge MSER unifies multiple sets of functionality into a single router. These services are offered with carrier-class reliability, scalability, performance and minimal power requirements. Key features and characteristics of the SE1200 include:
- Carrier-grade design—it has been engineered for deployment in carrier networks worldwide. In addition, it is NEBS- and RoHS-compliant.
- Resilient software architecture—the modular design provides stability and protects against crashes and protocol errors.
- High-performance programmable packet forwarding based on our own packet-processing ASIC (PPA).
- Session-level reliability supports non-stop forwarding and runs uninterrupted subscriber sessions during a route processor failover.
- Highly scalable routing platform with unmatched subscriber management and services.
- Support for up to 256,000 active multi-play subscribers, 256,000 PPP/DHCP subscribers, 512,000 cross-connect VLANs and 1.5 million MAC addresses.
- Support for up to 8000 MPLS L2/L3 VPN, with 1280 BGP, 1280 t-LDP peers and up to 2.5 million BGP routes.
- Advanced services for VoIP with SBG; security, and P2P applications.