Copyright notice: © Copyright 1994-2014 Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise stated in legal notices elsewhere on this World Wide Web server, any person is hereby authorized to view, copy, print and distribute any document published by Ericsson on its WWW server provided that it is:
- for personal use
- for non-commercial use
- for information purposes,
- and reference is made to Ericsson when the document is used.
Note that any product, process or technology described in a document on this server may be subject of other Intellectual Property Rights owned by Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson or any of its subsidiaries and not licensed hereunder. The same may apply to Intellectual Property Rights owned by others.
is the trademark or registered trademark of Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson. All other product or service names mentioned in a document on this server are trademarks of their respective companies.
Information on this server is provided "as is" without any warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
The information herein may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes may periodically be made to the information and will be incorporated in new editions of this document. Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson may make improvements or changes in products and programs described in this publication at anytime without notice.
Certificate value statement
The purpose of this Certificate Value Statement (CVS) is to establish the minimum requirements for the issuing and use of electronic signatures within Ericsson. This CVS thus states the lowest level of administrative and security requirements in order to obtain digital signatures of different legal and organizational value.
The certificates issued in accordance with this CVS are typically suitable for verifying the identity of entities and the authenticity of digital documents and other information objects in connection with information services. Certificates issued in accordance with this CVS may be suitable for a wide range of applications primarily focusing on the following main classes of security services:
- Non-repudiation: the party relying on the certificate can be confident that their counterpart cannot deny an exchange of information.
- Authentication (including authentication of subscribers identity and message integrity).
- Confidentiality: unauthorized persons cannot gain access to confidential information or classified systems.
Publisher: Helena Norrman, Senior Vice President, Chief Communications Officer and Head of Group Function Communications
Our Enterprise Security
Ericsson manufactures and supplies products on the basis of international standards such as 3GPP (wireless) and best architecture practices such as ITU-T recommendation X.805. Business operations including managed services are carried out in line with the ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management standard. Ericsson believes that security is crucial for maintaining and enhancing stakeholder confidence by:
- Personal Security: Doing all that can be done to ensure the wellbeing and safety of Ericsson’s personnel and disaster response efforts
- Asset Protection: Protecting the information and physical assets for which Ericsson are custodian (our own, our customers’ and partners’)
- Product Security: Providing products which are resilient to serious threats presented by the evolving telecom landscape and assisting with security services to ensure our customers’ assets are well defended.
Security should provide the right balance of risk taking versus risk mitigations in all business we are involved in.
For more information, please refer to this document which is intended to provide an overview of how Ericsson addresses the different aspects of our Enterprise Security, i.e. Personal Security, Asset Protection and Product Security.
Any additional questions after reading this document on our Enterprise Security should be sent to Ericsson via http://www.ericsson.com/contact