Sponsorships and donations
We recognize sponsorships as an important and integrated business method to communicate, to build brand awareness, increase sales and in other ways contribute to the conceptual values of our company.
To us – sponsorships are not charity, donations or payoffs. Instead, we involve ourselves in cooperation that should benefit all parties involved and lead to measureable results.
Through donations, we engages our employees, fulfill our social responsibilities, and empower our local and regional communities. We seek to donate in areas where long-term effects are predominant and focus on saving lives, fighting discrimination and improving society.
We primarily seek to donate in other ways than through cash donations. We focus on Sustainability and CSR, and is a leading advocate of Technology for Good, using the expertise of our employees and our technology to meet global challenges.
All Ericsson sponsorships should have clear and defined objectives, and meet the criteria below. Please take these into consideration when sending us your request
- Projects should have a high degree of brand fit, strengthening or having a positive effect on the brand of Ericsson
- Projects should create internal interest and commitment within Ericsson
- Projects should allow for activation making Ericsson's involvement apparent for the defined target groups
- Projects should support Ericsson's Brand, Marketing, and Communication Strategy as well as sales efforts
- Projects should support the core values of Ericsson as well as the social responsibilities and ethics that Ericsson appreciates
Ericsson does not sponsor projects that are perceived as having a negative impact on the environment or are perceived as being discriminating
Ericsson does not sponsor individual personalities unless a limited and local initiative to activate a major sponsorship.
Donations should meet the following criteria:
- In general Ericsson seeks to donate in other ways than through cash donations. Ericsson's focuses on Sustainability and CR, and is a leading advocate of Technology for Good, using the expertise of our employees and our technology to meet global challenges
- Ericsson should be perceived as a trusted partner that cares for the society
- Employees and other target groups should understand the purpose of the donation, and the donation should create a positive effect for the receiver(s)
- Where technical solutions form a vital part of the donation, and where Ericsson is not just contributing with only cash donations
- The donation should support the Ericsson Strategy including brand and core values, be in line with the anticorruption policy and legal restrictions as well as the social responsibilities and ethics of Ericsson
- The receiving organization must be trustworthy and have a good reputation