5G ecosystem partnerships
We are driving and engaging in a large number of 5G research projects together with industry partners and academia.
5G cooperation between companies and across industries means that we can expect to see more innovations we cannot even imagine today.
Torbjörn Lundahl, 5G Research Collaborations, Ericsson
Partnering with Telia Sonera
Together with TeliaSonera, we will develop selected 5G use cases and services based on TeliaSonera's network and our 5G technology. The aim is to let TeliaSonera customers get a taste of the future by trying out 5G services as soon as 2018 on networks in the capitals of Sweden and Estonia.
We collaborate with some of the world's most influential universities and research institutes including:
- Stanford University, USA
- King's College, UK
- Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Chinese Academy of Information and Communication Technology (CAICT), China
- Linköpings Tekniska Högskola, Sweden
- Rutgers University, USA
- Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden
- Technical University of Dresden, Germany
- Swedish ICT/SICS, Sweden
- New York University, USA
- Lund University, Sweden