Ericsson Antenna System
The antenna system is one of the most important areas in a radio access network and a fundamental pillar in the Ericsson 5G strategy. Today's complex antenna systems with multiple frequencies and multiple technologies on the same radio site put great demands on the ability to create effective solutions.
What is an Antenna System?
The antenna system is an integral part and one of the most important areas in a radio access network, impacting the effectiveness of the whole site. The antenna domain is evolving to support even more frequencies and multiple technologies. Powerful networks drive new antenna technology development to provide the needed compact, capacity and coverage.
How do the latest technologies of active, active-passive and passive antennas, antenna line devices antenna system accessories and feeder systems address these challenges?
Benefits of Antenna System
- Add 5G mid band with zero footprint using our massive MIMO integrated Hybrid and Interleaved AIR solutions
- Highly integrated antennas covering all deployment scenarios and new frequency bands
- Enable massive site upgrades while keeping legacy form factor
- Industry leading antenna quality & electrical performance
- Best-in-class testing facilities and methods
- Good side lobe suppression and superior PIM for excellent network performance
Operational site costs
- Lower operational site expenses with improved wind load and lower weight
- Combined powerful portfolio of industry leading radios and antennas resulting in an end-to-end site optimized solution
Portfolio around Antenna System
Complete Passive Antenna portfolio with leading performance:
- Indoor and outdoor antennas with up to 24 ports
- Hybrid passive/active antenna integration solutions
- Next-generation portfolio
See our Passive Antenna portfolio
Antenna Line Device
- Filters to control transmission and reception of wanted and unwanted signals
- Combiners to reduce the number of needed antennas and feeders
- Broad portfolio of RF-components to connect radios with antennas
- A complete range of accessories to create complete and optimized antenna systems
- Largest installed base of tower mounted amplifiers in the world
See our Antenna Line Device portfolio
Antenna System Accessories
- Enable various mounting scenarios of antennas & ALDs and support to solve site-individual mounting needs
- Easy and simple hardware to lower installation and maintenance efforts
- Portfolio around the RET system and the AISG bus
See our Antenna System Accessories
The most capable and energy efficient antenna system there is
Untapped potential in power reductions in 700/800/900 MHz layer
DL user throughput
UL user throughput
Through quality, installation simplicity, wind load reductions and supply chain reliability
As one of the most important specifications for base station antennas, reducing wind load has the potential to decrease costs and create additional revenue, as well as make upgrading sites easier. That means predicting the effect of wind load on an installation as accurately as possible provides valuable insight. Our state-of-the-art testing leaves nothing to chance and sets the standard for wind load. With market leading low wind load that will have a measurable impact on our customers’ TCO, the Ericsson Antenna System is the partner of choice for high quality products. Read our technology paper for more insight on the accurate determination of wind loads, as well as details of how our antennas reduce wind load to minimize expenses for operators.