To cope with growing capacity requirements and as part of a move towards all-IP, Nawras selects Ericsson to introduce IP in its backhaul and radio access network nodes.
Nawras was quickly running out of capacity in the metro area radio access network (RAN) backhaul. The decision was made to improve network efficiency by migrating to IP in the backhaul as well as in the RAN nodes. Ericsson was selected as a partner as it could provide an all-IP RAN, for both GSM and WCDMA and even LTE in the future.
Customer: Nawras, Oman
- Address increasing backhaul capacity needs
- Increase network efficiency
- Reduce opex
- GSM Packet Abis solution
- Satellite Backhaul solution
- MINI-LINK microwave transmission
- The first step in the move to all-IP
- More capacity for growth
- Cost effective remote coverage
- Improved competitive position.