Netherlands’ first cloud-based VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling network
Wanting Dutch customers to have the best possible voice services, VodafoneZiggo and Ericsson united to successfully install the country’s inaugural cloud-based, end-to-end voice over Long Term Evolution (VoLTE) and Wi-Fi calling solutions. VodafoneZiggo now has the world’s best voice quality score.
- Improve customer experience and satisfaction by introducing cutting-edge voice services over LTE and Wi-Fi
- To prove an even greater rival to other Dutch communications companies
When you want to innovate, there will be people who say: 'it's too early', 'it will not work' and 'it cannot work', but when you think there is a challenge and the whole industry needs to move in this direction, you say – let's take on the challenge.
Matthias Sauder, Director of Mobile Networks, VodafoneZiggo
- Ericsson and VodafoneZiggo united to provide state-of-the-art VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling
- Implementing a world-leading live commercial, cloud-based, end-to-end VoLTE network to enable VodafoneZiggo to become the most competitive communication service provider on the Dutch market
- Commercial Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) deployment of IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) and Evolved Packet Core (EPC)
- Radio network tuning optimization services to secure high voice quality over LTE
- One of the world's best HD voice over LTE (VoLTE) quality networks, receiving 396 out of a maximum 400 points in independent, external network testing company P3's benchmark
- Fast call set-up times, ensuring immediate connection when customers make calls
- A great reduction in dropped call rates
The best-ever voice score
A top-5 data+voice score (historically)
A top-4 data+voice score (in the last 24 months)
The 16th-place data score (historically)
The key benefits of the project for end users are all about HD voice quality, faster call set-up times and fewer dropped calls.
John Zijlmans, Ericsson KAM for VodafoneZiggo