SD-WAN Strategies Survey Report 2019
As network operators ramp up their commercial SD-WAN activities, Light Reading/Heavy Reading and MEF share the results of their joint global SD-WAN services operator survey. The survey focuses on three key areas: orchestration for managed SD-WANs, application security, and standardization and certification.
The evolution from early single-vendor SD-WANs to multiple SD-WAN vendors and VNFs brings a new challenge to service providers: how to efficiently manage multiple vendors in their networks. Orchestration that effectively manages underlying vendor complexity is the key to the future.
Read what operators said about:
- The relevance of various SD-WAN deployment options for their SD-WAN strategy
- Which SD-WAN solution model suits their plans the most
- The importance of having a single orchestrator across SD-WAN vendors, as opposed to a separate, proprietary VNF manager per vendor
- Expectations about using multiple SD-WAN vendors per enterprise for large enterprise customers
- Perceived threats to their SD-WAN strategy
The report also identifies which aspects of SD-WAN standardization are most critical to service providers, and why a flexible security architecture is vital.
Download your complimentary copy today.