How we select the winners
Once the first submission deadline (March 14) is over the evaluation process will start.
To qualify for the semi-finals, you must be selected by an Ericsson jury.
The Ericsson jury, consisting of internal Ericsson experts, will evaluate and rate the submissions to pick ten teams that will move on to the semi-finals.
The semi-finalists will work with Ericsson Experts to further develop their innovation. After the semi-finalist submission deadline the jury will appoint four finalist teams.
The finalists will be evaluated by our jury at the awards ceremony where the winners will be selected.
The Ericsson jury will evaluate the submissions based on the following criteria:
- How well the innovation addresses the theme. The Future of Food
- The impact the innovation has on a sustainable level and in social responsibility areas.
- How well the team members have collaborated. Teams with members from different universities, main fields of study, backgrounds and nationalities will have the edge in the jury process
- How global or local the innovation is; that is, does it solve a problem or improve a situation on a small or large scale?
- Potential revenue or cost reduction for the customer purchasing the innovation. The business case should verify these numbers.
- How easy it is to develop and how fast it can go to market, explained in a constructive and concise manner.
- How easy it is for the potential customers to deploy it, taking into account time, change of behavior, money. The benefits of the innovation (user or efficiency). What impact does the innovation have?
- Did the solution solve the problem in an innovative way?
- Has the innovation been lifted to the next level in the form of a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) in the semi-final process?