Ericsson report: AI-powered operations at the heart of customer experience
Communications service providers around the world recognize the need for immediate action on artificial intelligence (AI) and automaton in their operations to boost cost-efficient customer experiences as the 5G-driven Internet of Things (IoT) and Industry 4.0 gathers pace.
Ericsson’s report – Supercharging customer experience through AI and automation – outlines how operations executives are using AI and automation to drive business outcomes and capture opportunities but also how they address challenges such as improving net promotor score (NPS) – a clear indicator of a good consumer experience – and cost efficiency.
Key findings include:
- 90 percent state that AI is important in boosting customer experience
- 8 in 10 service providers expect an increase in cost and added complexity as a result of adding new technology
- 92 percent of service providers have refined the use of network insights to drive performance during the last year
- 9 out of 10 place customer experience and growing revenues high of the agenda
- 7 in 10 service providers think technological transformation is a key challenge
Ericsson’s research shows that most communication service providers are already working on AI and automation initiatives. However they say that technology alone is not enough – new skills and ways of working are required for service providers to become more digital. These organizational changes are at least as important as the technological aspects in a successful transformation to become more digital.
Get full report.