Ericsson swaps: Enhancing experience and performance
A northern European operator, with the highest data use per subscriber in the country, required network performance improvements and spectrum utilization while readying for 5G.
We swapped a legacy vendor’s 4G to the Ericsson Radio System in major cities and simultaneously re-farmed spectrum to introduce LTE on the 2100MHz band.
- Over 25 percent LTE capacity increase
- Future-proofed system ready for 5G
- Ericsson Radio System’s compact hardware reduced need for new permits and leases
- No increase in energy consumption, even after adding another frequency band
- Increased spectrum enhancing capacity gains and network performance
Micro-Sleep Transmission (TX) everywhere saves energy and lowers opex
Inter-eNodeB Carrier Aggregation (CA) increases downlink bitrates
CA-aware Inter-Frequency Load Balancing (IFLB) matches the phone’s band combination capabilities for better experience