Gigabit LTE – a milestone on the road to 5G
Gigabit LTE is a significant milestone on the road to 5G. By offering Gigabit-per-second download speeds, operators can meet rising expectations of network performance as users live-stream and share increasing volumes of video content, collaborate on the move, and demand improved broadband performance wherever they are.
Operators who keep their networks at the leading edge of performance have been shown to command better user satisfaction and loyalty, and better revenues, than their competitors.
The need for speed
User experience is key
Enabling a smooth journey to 5G
Delivering Gigabit LTE to operators
Gigabit LTE highlights
Press releases and news
- November 8, 2017 - Swisscom selects Ericsson as strategic supplier for Gigabit LTE and 5G
- Aug 7, 2017 - Reaching Gigabit milestones with Ericsson
- April 26, 2017 - Australian achievement: nbn hits record in Gigabit LTE
- February 23, 2017 - Unlicensed Spectrum with AT&T and Orange
- February 22, 2017 - Sprint and Ericsson to demonstrate live high-speed Gigabit-Class data speeds over LTE TDD
- January 23, 2017 - Ericsson, Qualcomm, and NETGEAR launch Telstra’s world-first commercial Gigabit LTE network with 150 Mbps upload speeds