A sustainable city is a city that is taking an intelligent, long-term collaborative approach to tackling the economic, social and environmental challenges that arise when more and more people come together in dense, compact areas, stretching already scarce resources.
Applicable across a vast array of industries, including automotive and transport, health, education and banking, sustainable city modeling solutions come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
With solutions based on connectivity provided by mobile broadband, sustainable cities can:
- create jobs and drive GDP growth
- optimize energy consumption
- provide government e-services
- increase business, consumer and organizations’ awareness of their impact on society
- provide access to healthcare and education.
In this way sustainable cities deliver the building blocks for transforming societies into a low carbon economy with increasing socio-economic benefits, as citizens gain access to services and opportunities to improve their quality of life and financial outlook.