At CCBN 2012 (Beijing, March 21st – 23rd), Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) will demonstrate the industry’s broadest portfolio of solutions and services. As the Asia Pacific market adapts to meet the challenges of increasing consumer desire for multi-screen television, Ericsson is helping operators throughout the region and across the globe to provide richer and more convenient ways for viewers to consume, share, and discover content on more devices.
“The TV industry in China and across Asia Pacific is the fastest growing anywhere in the world. With that growth comes increased consumer demand for next-generation services, which in turn leads to operators looking for ways in which to differentiate their offering,” said Mats H Olsson, Head of China & North East Asia, Ericsson.
“At CCBN we’ll be demonstrating how Ericsson has a complete portfolio of solutions that enable innovative, unified consumer experiences across multiple devices while enabling operators and broadcasters to increase revenues and profitability,“ he concluded. Visitors to Ericsson’s booth (2504, Hall 2) will be able to see how the company is enabling all operators and content owners to harness greater efficiencies, launch new differentiating services and grow revenues. Key demonstrations will include:
- The award-winning Ericsson Multiscreen TV Solution which enables the richest, blended consumer experiences on all devices, with linear TV, on-demand, social interaction, search and advanced interactions between multiple devices. The solution includes multi-award winning software products such as Ericsson’s Multi-screen Middleware, Multi-screen SDK & Portal, and Ericsson Media Connect companion device.
- Ericsson’s Voyager II platform, the most advanced Digital Satellite News Gathering (DSNG) unit on the market, which is enabling the most important live events and sports content to be enjoyed by viewers around the world.
- The CCBN debut of the most powerful and flexible solution for the growing multi-screen market, Ericsson Multi-platform Stream Processor family. The solution combines hardware and software to enable the massive expansion in processing needed to deliver a multi-screen offering. It offers unmatched levels of density, scalability and cost effectiveness, changing the landscape for linear multi-screen TV processing.
- As the amount of video being delivered across networks grows, Ericsson's Media Delivery Network solutions enable operators to accelerate the consumer experience, reduce the traffic burden and derive new revenues from moving into new value chains.
- Consumer demand is ultimately about convenience, and this means on-demand content on every device. Ericsson’s Media Delivery Management System, a new generation of on-demand back office platform, meets the almost infinite scalability needs of delivering more on-demand content to more new devices.
- The WatchPoint Content Management System (CMS) v2.0 provides centralized management of any metadata format, any content type, and any workflow process, and enables unprecedented visibility throughout the content lifecycle. Complexity in processing is set to explode with multi-screen, requiring a highly automated and business-process oriented solution for content owners and operators.
- Services form a core part of Ericsson’s culture and are a key consideration in everything it does. Visitors to CCBN can speak to the Ericsson TV services team to understand how it goes beyond the expectations of a solutions provider to become a partner to its customers, providing managed services throughout the deployment process, from consultation through to post-sales support.
Ericsson continues to enable next-generation television services in the People’s Republic of China, and is providing advanced content management and protection solutions to YOU On Demand, China’s first national Pay-Per-View and Video On Demand platform. Ericsson and YOU On Demand are deploying the first secure internet protocol delivery system of digital content to cable operators throughout China, with VOD and PPV services available to 3 million subscribers.
CCBN attendees can hear Ericsson speak during the CCBN Keynotes Conference program:
Sherick Ji, Head of Customer Solution, Cable & Media Segment Account, Ericsson
"合作共赢，同创未来" - Ericsson Professional Services and End-to-End Converged TV Solution
Tuesday, March 20, 14:10-14:40
NOTES TO EDITORS
Mats H Olsson: Profile, photos and video
Ericsson is the world's leading provider of communications technology and services. We are enabling the Networked Society with efficient real-time solutions that allow us all to study, work and live our lives more freely, in sustainable societies around the world.
Our offering comprises services, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology for telecom operators and other industries. Today more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic goes through Ericsson networks and we support customers’ networks servicing more than 2 billion subscribers.
We operate in 180 countries and employ more than 100,000 people. Founded in 1876, Ericsson is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden. In 2011 the company had revenues of SEK 226,9 billion (USD 35,0 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX, Stockholm and NASDAQ, New York stock exchanges.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
Ericsson Corporate Public & Media Relations
Phone: +46 10 719 69 92