At ANGA Cable 2012 in Cologne, Germany (June 12-14th 2012), Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) will demonstrate and discuss how the reality and availability of multi-screen services is driving consumer demand for a unified ‘anytime, anywhere’ viewing experience incorporating content and social networks across every screen. As the trusted partner in television, Ericsson has the broadest portfolio of solutions to help operators drive the efficiency of their networks, increase service velocity and deliver multi-screen experiences to consumers.
ANGA Cable attendees will be able to meet Ericsson’s TV experts at the company’s stand (Stand K9, Hall 10.2) for demonstrations of a number of industry leading solutions throughout the delivery chain, and to discuss how Ericsson is addressing:
- Multi-screen cloud PVR – How network-based solutions to time-shift and on-demand content are the required approach for next-generation services
- A complete ecosystem for multi-screen consumer experiences, including MPEG DASH – enabling operators to start with any screen and expand in any direction, making it easy to grow, easy to earn and easy to use
- Next-generation on-demand and service delivery solutions – As on-demand services and the number of compatible screens continue to grow, a new era of delivery solutions and networks are required, which will see a step change in how content is managed and delivered, including new functionality for contracts and rights driven workflow, and velocity of new services deployed.
- Market leading video processing – Ericsson’s newly deployed all-IP cable system architecture featuring the highest quality compression and award-winning receiver products, providing increased bandwidth savings and multi-service delivery to existing cable and next-generation multi-platform networks.
“As consumers have embraced new TV services such as time-shift on their PVRs and VOD on the TV, so they now demand this across multiple devices anywhere. Cable operators must leverage the power of IP, with next generation TV platforms to provide a tightly integrated service and network-based solution that fulfills these demands,” said Ove Anebygd, Vice President and Head of TV, Ericsson. “Ericsson has responded to these operator needs with a next-generation portfolio of solutions that are being entirely architected for consumer experience, innovation and speed of change. Building upon our deeply established compression success, these new additions are gaining impressive traction with tier 1 cable operators across Europe, and ANGA presents a great opportunity to meet with our customers and prospects to show how Ericsson’s thought leadership within the industry can bring them the winning edge in this new era in TV.”
ANGA 2012 attendees can gain further insight from Ericsson during the conference program:
- Edward Allfrey, Head of TV Software Sales, Ericsson
- ‘IPTV Platforms - Best Practice’
- Wednesday, 13 June 2012, 16.30 – 17.45
- Room A, Congress Center East
Notes to editors
Download high-resolution photos and broadcast-quality video at www.ericsson.com/press.
Ericsson is the world's leading provider of communications technology and services. We are enabling the Networked Society with efficient real-time solutions that allow us all to study, work and live our lives more freely, in sustainable societies around the world.
Our offering comprises services, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology for telecom operators and other industries. Today more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic goes through Ericsson networks and we support customers' networks servicing more than 2.5 billion subscribers.
We operate in 180 countries and employ more than 100,000 people. Founded in 1876, Ericsson is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden. In 2011 the company's net sales were SEK 226.9 billion (USD 35.0 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX, Stockholm and NASDAQ, New York stock exchanges.
For further information, please contact
- Ericsson Corporate Public & Media Relations
- Phone: +46 10 719 69 92
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ericsson Investor Relations
- Phone: +46 10 719 00 00
- E-mail: email@example.com