SGSN-MME enables control panel piece of an efficient and robust mobile network. The SGSN-MME supports multi-access, GSM, WCDMA, LTE and interworks with Wi-Fi and CDMA. Main features include:
• Continuous deployment through monthly deliveries
• Optimization and Control of device signalling
• Mobility-based Policy for optimized network use and enhanced propositions to new customer segments
• IoT initiatives including UE Power Saving Mode that enables +10 years battery life
• Geo-redundancy pooling for maximum ISP and network robustness
• O&M for high availability and efficient operations
• Virtualization for common NFV/Cloud deployments
Using the Ericsson Blade System MkX platform, the SGSN-MME is capable of meeting the most aggressive traffic growth predictions. It provides superior scalability, supporting up to 36 million users per node and up to 2300 million users when deployed in a pooled configuration.
Today Ericsson SGSN-MME is the world's most widely deployed SGSN/MME. We now take the next step towards 5G through the support of 5G Radio support and 5G terminals (3GPP Option 3) and 5G-CN initiatives in 3GPP.
SGSN-MME can be deployed as both PNF and VNF with mixed pool configuration making it flexible to deploy and operate various network architectures.
High capacity and performance
Our latest virtual SGSN-MME is capable to handle the most aggressive traffic demands of an increasing number of connections and exploding volume of data traffic.
Multi-access and multi-device services
SGSN-MME supports multi-access, 2G/3G/4G/5G and Wi-Fi networks to meet end-users' requirements for access- and, device-independent services.
Industry-leading feature set and more deployment options
SGSN-MME has evolved to incorporate innovative features from 300 deployments to enable operators use networks for a growing number of services and scenarios.
SGSN-MME can be deployed as virtual network function, supporting CI/CD through monthly deliveries.