Ericsson SGSN-MME is the world’s most widely deployed SGSN/MME of the market. It not only supports all 3GPP access types (GSM, WCDMA and LTE) as well as non-3GPP accesses (Wi-Fi and CDMA), being the central network function for mobility and session management, Ericsson SGSN-MME provides superior scalability and performance.
Our latest software release can be deployed as a physical network function (PNF), as well as a virtual network function (VNF), supported on Ericsson Cloud Execution Environments and on other third-party SW cloud infrastructures.
Main features include:
- 5G Radio support and 5G terminals (3GPP Option 3) and 5G-CN initiatives in 3GPP
- IoT rich feature set, including UE Power Saving Mode that enables +10 years battery life
- Optimization and Control of device signaling
- Mobility-based Policy for optimized network use and enhanced propositions to new customer segments
- Geo-redundancy pooling for maximum ISP and network robustness
- O&M for high availability and efficient operations
- Hybrid deployments of both PNF and VNF, with mixed pool configurations, for increase flexibility of various network architectures
- Continuous deployment through monthly deliveries
OUR KEY BENEFITS
High capacity and performance
Our latest virtual SGSN-MME is capable to handle the most aggressive traffic demands of an increasing number of connections and exploding volume of data traffic.
Multi-access and multi-device services
SGSN-MME supports multi-access, 2G/3G/4G/5G and Wi-Fi networks to meet end-users' requirements for access- and, device-independent services.
Industry-leading feature set and more deployment options
SGSN-MME has evolved to incorporate innovative features from 300 deployments to enable operators use networks for a growing number of services and scenarios.
SGSN-MME can be deployed as virtual network function, supporting CI/CD through monthly deliveries.