Our high capacity SGSN-MME includes a wide range of customer requested features and has achieved proven excellent in-service performance (ISP) figures during high traffic conditions
We have unparalleled experience in the global deployment and operation of commercial LTE/EPC networks. There are to date more than 300 Packet Core networks worldwide including our SGSN-MME.
The SGSN-MME supports multi-access, GSM, WCDMA, LTE and interworks with Wi-Fi and CDMA. The SGSN-MME is evolved continuously to incorporate new functionalities, which helps operators’ new business opportunities and cost reductions. This includes innovations such as:
• Continuous deployment through monthly deliveries
• Optimization and Control of device signalling
• Mobility-based Policy for optimized network use and enhanced propositions to new customer segments
• IoT initiatives including UE Power Saving Mode that enables +10 years battery life
• Geo-redundancy pooling for maximum ISP and network robustness
• O&M for high availability and efficient operations
• Virtualization for common NFV/Cloud deployments
Using the Ericsson Blade System MkX platform, the SGSN-MME is capable of meeting the most aggressive traffic growth predictions. It provides superior scalability, supporting up to 36 million users per node and up to 2300 million users when deployed in a pooled configuration.
Ericsson’s virtual SGSN-MME is using the same SW base as the native/physical SGSN-MME which secures the same level of functionality. This means that it perfectly well can interact with the native network. This is critical in cases of an overlaid network as well as hybrid network i.e. during the transition from native to cloud environments. Moreover, it is entirely based on Open source standards and forms a natural part of Ericsson Virtual EPC and Cloud system.
Today Ericsson SGSN-MME is the world's most widely deployed SGSN/MME. We now take the next step towards 5G through the support of 5G Radio support and 5G terminals (3GPP Option 3) and 5G-CN initiatives in 3GPP.