Ericsson BSP 8100
Ericsson BSP 8100 is a platform for telecom workloads, native and virtual, running in central office environments. It is a key component in Ericsson NFVI solution and supports any server application needing telecom grade availability. Ericsson BSP 8100 is NEBS3 compliant.
OUR KEY BENEFITS
Software defined hyperconverged infrastructure optimized for demanding environments through NEBS3 compliance and fully redundant hardware and software configuration The inbuilt tracing and health check functions support trouble free operations.
The software defined infrastructure enables vPODs (virtual performance-optimized datacenters) for both native and/or virtualized workloads. Flexible and compact deployment options with small footprint, low noise and low power consumption.
Ericsson BSP 8100 is based on Intel x86 technology supporting any server application, both Ericsson and third party, needing telecom grade availability.
- Ericsson launches enhanced 5G deployment options
- Telkomsel Indonesia to deploy Ericsson core in preparation for 5G
- Telekom Srbija and Ericsson go live with Core network virtualized functions
- Mobily deploys Ericsson full stack Telecom Cloud
- Telefónica presents an innovative way to broadcast and produce television with 5G
- Telecom Egypt and Ericsson go live with 5G Cloud Core Network
- Ericsson and Intel jointly develop next-generation software defined infrastructure for the 5G era
- Ericsson and Panasonic Avionics bringing connectivity to the skies with 5G-ready platform
- Ericsson and Swisscom get 5G ready for business
- Ericsson to transform Wind Tre core network in Italy
- Melita chooses Ericsson as strategic 5G partner
- Ericsson to automate Cloud Execution Environment (CEE) for NTT DOCOMO
- Eastlink upgrades VoLTE services with Ericsson in Canada
- Ericsson to modernize and manage TELE-POST’s network in Greenland
- Entel extends network partnership towards 5G with Ericsson
- Ericsson and Swisscom go live with Telco cloud
- Ericsson and Telkomcel launch 4G services in Timor Leste
- Zain Iraq to deploy Ericsson virtual EPC
- Telstra advances cloud media delivery
- Ericsson and Cisco to virtualize Vodafone Hutchison Australia's core and IP network
2016 and earlier
- Tampnet selects Ericsson for LTE and virtualized core network
- Ericsson adds cloud capabilities to accelerate LG Uplus transition to NFV and SDN
- Telefonica selects Ericsson for global UNICA program
- Swisscom selects Ericsson for telco cloud infrastructure and NFV of core network functions
- Telstra deploys Ericsson Telecom Cloud in full stack
- SoftBank deploys Ericsson virtual MME and Ericsson Cloud Platform
- Ericsson and Telefónica deploy first cloud-based VoLTE in Colombia
- Ericsson selected as solution partner for Network Virtualization platform and Cloud Manager by NTT DOCOMO
Ericsson BSP 8100 is a datacenter infrastructure for demanding environments with main characteristics such as deployment flexibility, NEBS3 compliance, small footprint, low noise, low power consumption. Key features and benefits include:
Telecom grade - Through its NEBS3 compliance, small footprint and energy efficient configurations, it is an optimal product for central office modernization and consolidation. All key components are duplicated and possible to replace at in-service operation (hot swappable) offering 99,999% availability. It is tailored to fit the needs of scalable telecom server applications with high requirements on networking capacity and processing capabilities.
Flexible - Provides vPOD (virtual performance-optimized datacenter) support enabling several applications (tenants) to co-exist within the same blade server. Each tenant has its own set of blades, i.e., compute and storage resources, and they share the switching infrastructure. This provides a high degree of application separation and predictable behavior in terms of offered capacity and availability.
Efficient operations - The capturing unit provides in-built protocol tracing for any application hosted in an installation. It captures, stores, decodes and presents protocol information to support, for example, fast and efficient trouble shooting and customer complaint follow up. The built in health check function ensures that the configuration is correct at all times.
Multi-Level Management - BSP 8100 features system management, NFV management and service deployment management leveraging Ericsson’s extensive telecom industry experience. This management includes extensive operational and business system support (OSS/BSS), configuration management, transport management, performance management, fault management and hardware and software management.
Open - Based on Intel x86 technology and supports Ericsson applications as well as third party applications.