The Internet of Things (IoT) has the potential to connect and create digital representations of the physical world, making it possible to transform business models, to enable data-driven decisions and to optimize the performance of business processes. For individuals, IoT provides the potential to save time and improve quality of life.
The speed of these changes triggers the need for new cloud based solutions to process and deliver a vast amount of information across a wider ICT ecosystem, including devices, applications & enterprise’s back-end systems.
IoT Platforms (aka Application Enablement Platforms) are designed to speed up and simplify the development of IoT solutions by providing developers with tools for integrating connectivity, enable device management, data analytics and expose information through APIs in the market place.
Ericsson is complementing its industry-leading telecom networks with one single end to end IoT Stack based on IoT Accelerator. Incorporating a constantly growing set of functionality, Ericsson IoT Accelerator leverages the scale, speed and lower cost of a cloud based solution to address use-cases and applications for Enterprises and Service Providers.
“For more information download the IoT Accelerator solution brief”
Our range of products
Turn the challenges of M2M into opportunities Connectivity management is one of primary services of the Ericsson...
IoT is about creating a digital representation of the real world. Anything can have a digital representation if...
Ericsson IoT Accelerator is a cloud based horizontal cross-industry offering comprising of platform services and professional services, for service providers and industries.
IoT Accelerator provides a continuous incremental set of functionality offered as a Service to enable agile creation and deployment of solutions for the Internet of Things.
The Software as a service (SaaS) business model provides the speed, scale and lower cost needed for competitively addressing the IoT market challenges. It allows customers to lower the initial risk and to shift investment cost from CAPEX to OPEX.
The delivery strategy is cloud agnostic, meaning that the service is delivered from thepublic cloud and on-premises deployments.
An important characteristic of the IoT Accelerator offering is that although Ericsson provides a full IoT functional stack, customers pick & choose the selected functionality from the stack, paying only for what is consumed.
One of the greatest values under this flexibility lays on the pre-integration of functionality as a Service. It allows a great deal of simplification for customers removing effort, time and cost, including verification, updates, lifecycle, etc.
IoT Accelerator brings world class mobile connectivity management and enables you to build trustworthy secure IoT services on Ericsson’s end-to-end vertically integrated systems. Giving you the speed to market needed to create rapid service deployment and IoT monetization.
Speed up your IoT transformation with Ericsson IoT Accelerator.
With insights into the specific needs of customers across industries, we build solid partnerships and truly innovate together with our customers. Partner with a global technology leader and prime innovator to develop IoT solutions at global mobile scale with easy evolution to NB-IoT and 5G.
Reach your full IoT potential with Ericsson IoT Accelerator:
- Building trustworthy IoT with end-to-end security
- World class mobile connectivity management
- Bringing rapid IoT deployment and monetization
For more information download the IoT Accelerator solution brief
- Mobile Connectivity Management: World class mobile connectivity management, leveraging on the expertise in telecom and I&S enterprise business, with millions of connected devices on Ericsson mobile technology.
- Monetization: Flexible, meta-data driven configuration that provides fast creation, adaptation and integration of business models with internal and partner offerings, and supports billing and settlement.
- Security: Security at every layer of the stack, leveraging strong mobile security know how. Policy based security orchestration, proactive auditing and monitoring, and data integrity secured by industrialized Blockchain.
- Agility: Cloud based, aaS delivery model provides high speed from day one from PoC to scale. Zero touch device onboarding and lifecycle. Automation based on multiple data devices and data sources across different industries.
- Global Reach and Local Presence: Local presence in more than 180 countries, with world class professional services. Domain expertise in key industries, complemented by a large Network of partners globally and distributed IoT Business Labs.
Cloud based IoT Platform as a Service, including:
- Connectivity management integrationto provide simplification for operator in the connectivity capabilities like subscription lifecycle management.
- Device and data management features, including data modeling, rules and mass-registration zero touch on-boarding and lifecycle management of devices.
- The orchestration, integration and automation framework, that provides functionality for Analytics processing, Data storage, Monetization engine, Security e.g. Industrial Blockchain, as well as enterprise service bus for the integration to enterprise's IT back-end systems.
- The IoT Marketplace, that enables Enterprise’s administration capabilities, developer and partner onboarding, API exposure, a white-label portal to enable companies to establish their own ecosystem and integrate innovative solutions, from internal and external developers, in a common framework.
Deploying IoT solutions on a mass scale usually comes with a number of challenges, including fragmented connectivity, security issues across the value chain, unclear monetization model in the business transformation, lengthy time-to-market to deliver new services, and scarce competence.
Ericsson IoT Accelerator breaks down the barriers between billions of devices and millions of applications, allowing you to build end to end solutions faster, more secure and truly scalable.