Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) will demonstrate how it is empowering an intelligent, sustainable and connected Africa at AfricaCom 2019, taking place from 12-14 November at Cape Town International Convention Center, South Africa. Ericsson experts will showcase a wide range of new and relevant use cases at the event, as well as establish innovative partnerships geared towards unlocking new opportunities in the region.
This year’s theme focuses on building a future-proof 4G network today for a 5G ready tomorrow, orchestrated by intelligent and efficient solutions which will empower the next billion connections in Africa and set the foundation for Industry 4.0.
Ericsson will present innovative solutions to support its customers’ growth strategy, allowing them to focus on new services and technologies, and ultimately improve user experience. In Digital Services, Ericsson is focusing on Mobile Money, security and IoT use cases – and in the Managed Services space, on intelligent network operations, enhancing customer experience and optimization.
Highlights from Ericsson demos include:
· Ericsson Radio System continues to mature with more advanced capabilities, at the same time ensuring lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), high spectrum agility and multi-standard thinking, a network from Ericsson is no longer just about providing best-in-class connectivity. It also offers best-in-class business enablement.
· Fixed Wireless Access unlocks a world of opportunity. A well-performing mobile broadband network is the foundation for offering an FWA service.
· Swisscom and Ericsson are closely collaborating on end-to-end network slicing for critical communications in a joint project to deploy and explore new use cases for 4G and 5G. The demo shows how network slicing can support critical railway communications upon a public LTE network carrying mobile broadband traffic.
· The new Ericsson Edge NFVI solution for edge computing, that fits well with our main NFVI & Orchestration solutions
· Industry 4.0 demo to give an overview on the benefits of Internet connectivity in a range of applications. From vehicles to drones to traffic lights – there is even a handbag in there! – augmented reality will show you how 5G ensures the connectivity, reliability and scalability that industry 4.0 will require.
AfricaCom is a leading tech and telecoms event on the continent, and a prominent gathering of innovators fronting Africa's digital transformation. The exhibition brings together 15,000 attendees, 500 speakers and 450 exhibitors displaying technologies and solutions including 5G, AI, IoT, TV and Fintech among others.
For more information, join Ericsson’s stand at AfricaCom at the Cape Town International Convention Center, South Africa.
Subscribe to Ericsson press releases here.
MORE INFORMATION AT:
(+46 10 719 69 92)
(+46 10 719 00 00)
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency and find new revenue streams. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world. The Ericsson stock is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm and on Nasdaq New York. www.ericsson.com