Hundreds of thousands of fans are spending time at venues and arenas to cheer for their favorite teams, their country or to attend concerts and events – all around the world every day of the year. Expectations are high – and not only on the performance of teams or artists; people also expect to be able to share and enhance their experiences via their mobile devices.
In the age of digital and mobile consumption of media users expect an experience enhanced by their mobile device allowing us to always be on top of what's going on, to stay in touch, and to share the experience through videos and photos. And people want their apps to work everywhere; in the subway, at cafés and restaurants, the hotel, and at the stadium. They expect app coverage everywhere.
Operators have a massive opportunity in making this a reality for their customers through high quality network performance, as well as amplifying a positive brand perception by creating unexpected user experiences. Good network performance is not solely an important matter for the operators, it's important to all stakeholders to the event. To meet these challenges we are launching connected stadiums and assisting operators at major sporting events all over the world, including our latest connectivity partnership with Chelsea Football Club in London.
Ensuring app coverage under these circumstances can be a challenge as the networks will have to cope with massive crowds in dense areas and to manage large streams of traffic. In addition to deep understandings of what app demands from networks and user behaviors at events, a successful recipe includes thorough preparations in planning, design and deployment as well as to ensure ability to quickly react to unexpected changes in demand, or even problems, through optimization and fault management capabilities.
- Sharing experiences beyond the stadium
- Chelsea Football Club appoints Ericsson as Connected Venue Partner
- Small Cell as a Service connects crowds at Wasps' Ricoh Arena
- Ericsson and Sprint kick off next-generation sporting experience
- Ericsson transforms mobile broadband experience for tournament fans in France
Creating the perfect event experience
Ericsson is already assisting operators at major events all over the world, allowing us to build up deep insights into user behaviors, sentiments and expectations. Ericsson has developed key competencies to address what it takes to ensure high quality end-user services at big events - a combination for success.
How do you connect a stadium?
We help operators to challenge the challenge
Our wide portfolio of capabilities provide necessary means to help operator succeed
- integrated solutions between macro and indoor coverage which simplifies operations and improves the performance of indoor/stadium coverage
- solutions that are tailor made for each venue size to maximize the performance of each invested dollar. We have everything from high performing products to comprehensive services solutions covering needs prior, during and post events
- assistance to ensure high quality end-user services with key competence in planning, design, deployment, optimization and fault management via thorough preparation and quick reaction on intense traffic impact - Key Event Experience
- cloud solutions that help operators/service providers move dedicated content close to the stadiums to make the delivery of popular content more efficient and cost effective
- LTE broadcast solutions to broadcast specific and popular content to consumers in dense areas. Improves performance and opens up new business models and revenue opportunities