The EIR-FE controls the identity of the mobile equipment preventing calls from stolen, unauthorized or defective mobile stations.
The rate of mobile phone thefts and identity fraud has increased YoY around the world, mainly pushed by massive adoption of smartphones, considerably affecting operators revenue and cost per subscriber.
The Ericsson Equipment Identity Register Front End (EIR-FE) is a solution to counter attack these situations protecting operator's networks and revenues and its investment on customers
EIR-FE is a database network element containing information about the identity of the mobile equipment preventing calls from stolen, unauthorized or defective mobile stations. It fulfills regulatory requirements being used in mobile networks to authenticate Mobile Equipment (e.g. phones and tablets).
Finally the EIR-FE solution helps to protect the end user's physical integrity and identity by making phone theft business less lucrative.
Ericsson Equipment Identity Register Front End offers operators a number of benefits to protect and optimize their investments and safeguard their networks as:
• Protect operators revenue by preventing malicious usage of network resources as cloned numbers or calls done from stolen devices
• Protect operators investments on customer by preventing subsidized terminals from being used in competitor's networks and consequently generating revenue to others
• Enhance operators brand as operator can position itself as doing the utmost to protect subscribers from theft and fraud consequences
• Cost efficient solution with life-cycle, O&M and spare parts aligned to majority of Ericsson Core products portfolio; e.g. UDC
• Protect its integrity and identity by helping to make phone theft a less profitable business and blocking the phone access to the network
• It is a future-proof and flexible to deploy solution. The Ericsson EIR-FE is a high scalable and available product, that in the Front End configuration can be deployed in N+1 schema supporting growing operator's capacity requirements
The Ericsson Unified Data Management solutions help network operators to address the IoT challenges on connectivity, security, adaptability and analytics to implement a profitable IoT strategy. Check out this new brochure.
Imagine what you could do with a full multi-access data management solution that can also provide you a 360 degrees view of your user’s data assets - all in just one “box”?