Ericsson Cloud Execution Environment is the telecom-grade virtual infrastructure manager (VIM), based on OpenStack, in our proven NFVi solution.
Ericsson Cloud Execution Environment provides deterministic performance while securing an always available cloud and NFVi environment. It is based on OpenStack with added features not yet available in open source, to meet the carrier grade needs of telecom service providers. As open source matures for telecom applications, the need for Ericsson designed functionality is reduced. These features, among others, include;
- Continuous end-user access to services through redundancy and high availability capabilities
- High throughput with low latency, through an enhanced vSwitch and support for SR-IOV
- Rapid and controlled deployment
- A unified cloud infrastructure operations & maintenance through fault and performance management
- Tenant network management through cloud SDN controller
- Simplified security administration
- Trusted tenant isolation
Ericsson Cloud Execution Environment supports applications including virtual network functions from Ericsson and third parties. In addition it is open for orchestration and infrastructure products from third parties.
Ericsson is a platinum member of OpenStack and OPNFV, with the aim of simplifying and speeding up the adoption of network functions virtualization.
To find out more about Ericsson's NFVi solution, click here.