- Flexible Cloud RAN deployment ensures good baseband coordination for strong network performance
- Distributed, centralized, elastic, and virtual baseband (vRAN) architectures supported
- vRAN optimizes 4G/5G interworking
The Ericsson Cloud RAN supports the flexible deployment of the Ericsson baseband units within a centralized, distributed, elastic, and/ or virtual architecture. This flexibility enables good baseband coordination within the network, maximizing RAN performance.
- Distributed RAN (D-RAN): A simple and flat architecture where each radio site has co-located baseband units, enabling relaxed interconnect and simple deployment
- Centralized RAN (C-RAN): Colocation of clusters of baseband resources at a common site for maximum interworking and performance in hot spots
- Elastic RAN (E-RAN): Baseband interworking across the network enabling tight coordination amongst an unlimited number of baseband units
- Virtualized RAN (V-RAN): Introducing split architecture for deployment flexibility and optimal 4G/5G interworking