Process steps and tips
Tips for diverse suppliers
Know your prospects
- Know our business; our industry challenges; our corporate goals and strategies. Do your homework!
Have a compelling value proposition
- Help us know and understand why "you're not just another supplier or contractor."
- Be prepared with documentation and facts that show value added to other companies.
Be persistent, but patient
- Formal procurement needs are sourced on a schedule. Some opportunities will take 2-5 years to come around again.
- Keep in contact with your supplier diversity manager and any internal contacts given to you. Show your interest. Update us on changes or improved capabilities for your company.
- Strive to build relationships.