Vision in CRM
The next generation CRM should offer a holistic view not only of the customer but also of the experience the customer has had with their provider. Ericsson's aim is to leverage its end-to-end ICT technology and expertise, from networks to consumer devices to render all customer relevant data and funtionality from OSS and BSS in a common, easy-to-use CRM environment.
In practice, this could include integration of mobile and fixed device management applications to enable verification of device settings against reported customer problems, and, if necessary, over-the-air reconfiguration. It could also include the integration of applications that provide intelligence about the customer's network performance experience, as predictive analytics based on this data can accurately determine the individual customer's mood and propensity to churn.
Ericsson Telecom CRM Overview
The customer experience is one of the few areas where operators can differentiate themselves, but the patchwork of disconnected legacy back-end systems can frustrate customer-facing staff and customers alike. One of the most common IT objectives is to integrate BSS/OSS systems (e.g. charging and billing systems, Product Catalog, Order Management, Point of Sales) with CRM systems to achieve a holistic view and understanding of the customer base. But very few operators have managed to achieve this, often citing the cost and risk of the required IT transformation.
Ericsson Telecom CRM helps you overcome these problems. It lets you deliver a superior customer experience while driving greater operation efficiency and crucially reducing the time, cost and risk of implementation and systems integration. Based on Microsoft® Dynamics CRM and pre-integrated with Ericsson’s suite of BSS & OSS products (e.g. BSCS, CBiO, Ericsson Order Care, Ericsson Catalog Manager) it supports the specific business processes and workflows of the telecom industry and makes sense of the customer information available throughout your organization. You get a holistic, 360+ view of the customer, along with proven tools for marketing effectiveness, sales productivity and customer care. In every aspect, from implementation to use, the Ericsson Telecom CRM removes obstacles from providing the optimal customer experience.
What is Ericsson Telecom CRM?
Part of our Customer Relationship Management portfolio, Ericsson Telecom CRM is a true enterprise-class, cost effective, telecom-specific CRM system built on the Microsoft Dynamics® CRM platform. It can support any type of communication service provider – mobile, fixed, broadband and cable, while offering multi-channel interaction, including phone, self-care, point-of-sales, IVR, fax, e-mail and social media. It is pre-integrated with Ericsson convergent charging and billing products, Ericsson Charging & Billing in One, Ericsson BSCS iX, Ericsson Catalog Manager and Ericsson Order Care.Key features include:
- Microsoft Dynamics® CRM foundation. Personnel use a familiar, user-friendly GUI with enhanced capabilities that support the specific business processes of the telecom industry, based on TM Forum Frameworx.
- Offering catalog. Personnel can see the products, offers and services available to sell to the customer, with the ability to bundle offers, manage discounts and promotions, and set basic eligibility guidelines and offer approval workflows.
- CSR toolbox. Customer facing personnel have a 360+ view of the customer on an information-rich screen, with one-click access to detailed information and the most commonly used business processes, leveraging features such as advanced telecom specific search options for Directory Number (e.g. MSISDN, IMSI), account, invoice, ticket number etc.
- Business Interaction Framework. Manages all the interactions with a customer and enables operators to define standard process flows and procedures for handling customers in different situations and for different services. By recording all interactions, a history is maintained that allows CSRs to provide a consistent customer experience. A rich set of Business Interactions are provided out-of-the-box with tools for efficient custom creation and adaptation of business interactions.
- Order capture functionality. Working with the offer catalog and billing ensures the creation and modification of the customer contract with the commercial offerings using basic eligibility and availability checks.
- Process Storybord. A storyboard based sequence of screens for order capture and other business interactions along with rule based flow & branching and field value validation based on rule evaluation on the forms. Form validation based on rules in a rule engine is also supported. The storyboard allows for approval steps in the business process execution and enables notifications.
- Shared Information Data Model (SID) translation layer. All data including customer and order information is transmitted in standardized, TM forum-complaint, SDI entity structures via SID-based APIs.
- Retail Management System (ERMS). Ericsson Retail Management System (ERMS) is a Point of Sales offering giving you a single solution for in-store customer-facing interactions that lets you provide seamless continuity between customer interaction channels, manage all business aspects of retail locations, increase in-store personnel productivity while improving the cutomer experience.
- Payments. All payments capture processes are supported, including all types of sales (e.g. advance, deposit or invoice payments) and all types of payment methods (e.g. credit/debit card, cash, cheques) in one or more currencies. It is also possible to define payment flexibility such as partial payments, as well as the application of discounts.
Why Use Ericsson Telecom CRM?
Ericsson Telecom CRM draws on our unique understanding of telecom business processes to help you deliver superior levels of experience through customer service, marketing and sales interactions while maximizing operational efficiency. It also lets you dramatically reduce implementation risk in terms of cost and time-to-deployment. Consider Ericsson Telecom CRM if you want to:
- Gain greater control of TCO. Cut integration costs and reduce administration and maintenance support through our simpler database structure, direct database integration capability and simpler service module structure.
- Reduce deployment time. Take advantage of pre-integration with other Ericsson solutions and easier integration with other vendors’ solutions.
- Future-proof your CRM system. Be ready for the future – our well-defined roadmap is synchronized with Microsoft’s so key functionality releases are available with minimal delay.
- Deliver superior customer service. Gain agility and efficiency in customer-facing operations of call center and retail stores and drive a superior experience for the end user.