5G will be a key enabler of the future digital world. It will bring about new service capabilities for industrial stakeholders thanks to the unprecedented on-demand performance and real-time reactivity. For example, energy and water utilities will be capable of connecting to millions of networked devices, taking real-time, intelligent and autonomous decisions.
|5G radio access
- Massive density
- Device cost
- Significantly reduced signalling - device energy consumption
- Soft-SIM or no-SIM operation for (at least) sensor type devices.
- Always available and basic services e.g. emergency calls
|5G core network
- Integrate infrastructure network within network slices
- Roundtrip latency in 1 ms range
|5G management & orchestration
- Orchestration of a big amount of data and input interfaces
- Common view for all the utility/infrastructure suppliers
- Co-relate and process different inputs for fast respons