AI-powered data-driven operations
Managed Network Services: Empowering networks
In today’s fast-paced and ever-evolving telecom industry, networks are becoming increasingly complex and expansive. To effectively manage and optimize these networks of the future, a new approach is needed – one that enables unparalleled speed, scalability and precision. Enter Managed Network Services: the ultimate catalyst to unlocking the potential of data-driven network operations.
What is Managed Network Services?
Managed Network Services encompass network operations and optimization, including field operations. These services involve outsourcing various functions related to network management: network performance management, future provisioning, network vulnerability management and network energy infrastructure management. This is accomplished through remote and automated monitoring, troubleshooting, configuration, and network optimization. It allows Communication Service Providers (CSPs) to concentrate on their core activities while maintaining a reliable and secure infrastructure.
Ericsson's Managed Network Services utilizes AI, automation, and data analytics to help CSPs transform their operations, ensuring high network performance, excellent customer experience, cost-effectiveness, reduced energy consumption, and robust security standards.
Enter the Matrix - why managed services matter
Change isn't on the horizon; it's already here. Network complexity is soaring, and operational demands are evolving. This means:
- Traditional telecom management falls short in meeting the evolving service demands within 'the matrix' of telecom networks.
- A new network operations model is required for proactive and predictive operations driven by data and organizational transformation.
Out with the old, in with the new
In the past, managed services aimed to save costs by reducing operational and capital expenses. Today, this cost-centric approach falls short. Managed services have evolved into catalysts for growth, champions of cutting-edge technologies, and architects of exceptional user experiences. The next step?
It's all about 'smart networks' – self-optimizing networks driven by intent and hyper-automation. This represents a pivotal shift from traditional human network management to the era of machine-driven efficiency, enabling smarter and better operations while freeing Communication Service Providers (CSPs) from manual network management hassles.
Ensuring a secure user experience is now the top priority as 5G applications become increasingly critical and demanding. Whether it's addressing gaming interruptions or facilitating essential communications for driverless cars, remote surgery, or automated factories, even the slightest glitch can lead to significant consequences. Meeting the high expectations of end-users, be they humans or machines, has become essential as 5G use cases continue to advance in complexity and significance.
What's behind the revolution?
Introducing the game-changer: 5G.
The 5G revolution has reshaped the landscape, with more devices, new technologies, and diverse service demands, adding complexity to network management.
As 5G use cases grow increasingly critical and sophisticated, prioritizing a secure user experience becomes paramount. This monumental shift necessitates a transformation in network operations, transitioning from a technology-centric to an end-user service-centric approach. It calls for a brand-new, forward-looking operating model, powered by automation, artificial intelligence, and analytics.
Outsourcing managed network services: Does it pay off?
According to our customers, it does!
Improving network operations and efficiency is crucial for businesses. With new technologies like analytics and automation, CSPs can use network data better. This helps them grow, improve customer experiences, and save money on infrastructure.
CSPs and their partners need to balance old ways with new thinking. Changing from precise teams to a flexible and evolving culture is a big shift. Many are considering outsourcing for more predictable service and cost savings. This also reduces risk and speeds up change with experienced partners. Investing in technologies like cloud and AI is key for long-term success and proven results.
“All these steps are in good collaboration, working alongside Ericsson Managed Services. His team members work for me – it’s not like we have a customer-supplier kind of relationship; it’s a one-team relationship with everyone working towards the betterment of our network for our customers. That is about collaboration and leveraging global skills. I think those are the contributing factors that are that are a big part in this success.”
Our figures do the talking
Highest network performance
Lowest total cost of ownership
Best customer experience
Less energy consumption
Highest security standards
- Service-centric business model: Ericsson Operations Engine utilizes AI, automation, and data insights to target specific business outcomes, including improved customer experiences, revenue growth and operational efficiency.
- End-to-end capabilities: We deliver on these outcomes through AI-driven design, planning, optimization, data-driven operations, dynamic deployment, application development and collaborative innovation.
- Components: We incorporate top-notch tools and processes that harness the potential of data, AI and automation, leveraging Ericsson's expertise and investments in the service provider domain.
- From reactive to predictive: Shift from reacting to issues to predicting and preventing them, enhancing user experiences, encouraging agile service development and optimizing costs.
- Advanced capabilities: Harness the power of data analytics, AI, and automation to revolutionize network and IT operations, network design and optimization, and application development and maintenance.
Effective network operations and optimization have emerged as pivotal factors in unlocking unprecedented business value. With rapid advancements in analytics, automation, and artificial intelligence, CSPs now have an unparalleled opportunity to harness the true potential of network data-driven operations. It's a strategic tool that fuels growth, enhances customer experiences and optimizes infrastructure operations for maximum efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
Imagine possible - the future of networks
Consider a scenario where you have the ability to:
- Significantly enhance networks and customer experiences.
- Lower both direct and indirect network operation costs.
- Streamline the functioning of networks.
- Adopt data-driven operations driven by automation and AI.
The Ericsson Operations Engine transforms this scenario into reality.
The Ericsson Operations Engine is an AI-driven solution designed to streamline managed services. It addresses the ever-growing complexity of networks fueled by an increasing number of devices, various technologies (4G, 5G, IoT), and diverse service needs.
At the core of this engine is data, and we have access to an unparalleled multinational, multivendor digital data store (if not the biggest). Imagine an engine capable of processing that data and training sophisticated algorithms to operate your networks. Data-driven and intent-based networks are revving up the game.
Creating value with the Ericsson Operations Engine
At Ericsson, we understand that the true value of technology lies in its ability to enhance human experiences, This commitment fuels our mission to provide:
- Faster and more cost-efficient transformations compared to DIY.
- Completion within 6-12 months for a full transformation.
- Achieving a 15-30 percent total cost of ownership (TCO) reduction through automations and predictive operations.
- Initial investments and risks are borne by Ericsson.
- Estimated avoidance of $10-50 million in investments compared to DIY.
- Predictable costs, avoiding pressure from macroeconomic instability.
- Future-proofing operations with over 26 digitized processes.
From data-driven to intent-based operations
Data-driven and intent-based operation are more than buzzwords; they are the future of smart networks and a key component of the Ericsson Operations Engine. Here's why you need them to fuel CSP growth:
- Operating 5G and beyond necessitates higher levels of automation, transcending current AI/ML automation capabilities.
- Operations must undergo a significant transformation to align with evolving business needs.
- Transparency and AI explainability are essential for tracking system decisions and ensuring trust in the network.
The next-generation network operating models must seamlessly support self-optimizing networks driven by intent and hyper-automation. It's a paradigm shift from manual network management to overseeing the machines that handle it.
This transition requires the integration of data, policies, automation, analytics, machine learning, and security into a genuine Intent-based operation. The result? A network that accommodates diverse applications and use cases, leading to significant variations in service demand. Concepts like "autonomous networks" and "intent" are pivotal for achieving performance goals and diversifying service outcomes.