Ericsson BSCS iX Overview
BSCS iX is a convergent, end-to-end billing and customer care system for any type of communications service provider; mobile, fixed-line, broadband, TV provider, content provider and OTT (Over The Top).
It offers an unrivalled combination of out-of-the box features with a high level of configurability. In keeping with the philosophy of Ericsson’s entire BSS portfolio its open state-of-the-art architecture is highly business adaptive, enabling stepwise modular upgrades in line with changes to the business environment.
This means BSCS iX can meet the end-to-end requirements of entry level Communication Service Providers with high growth potential or can easily be integrated into the complex IT environment of mature businesses with highly demanding large-scale subscriber bases.
BSCS iX facilitates advanced convergence in multiple dimensions, supporting all telecommunications technologies and global standards including the latest TAP/RAP, IMS specifications and it is prepared for 5G.
The enhancements of latest BSCS iX releases are focused on business innovation with the introduction of a modern payment engine. Operations will be more effective with the support of Re-Billing capabilities, as well as, better support of Corporate Customers. All these following higher security standards in the areas of vulnerability and robustness
What is Ericsson BSCS iX?
Part of our Billing & Revenue Management suite, Ericsson BSCS iX is a convergent billing and customer care solution for telecoms that combines an unrivalled combination of out-of-the box features and high configurability. Its open, componentized convergent architecture lets you increase operational efficiency and consolidation. You also gain the agility to rapidly adapt to business change, through stepwise modular upgrades to our fully convergent charging and billing solution, Ericsson Charging and Billing in One.
Our solution’s industry-leading feature set includes:
- Customer and Partner Management. Support convergent prepaid and postpaid services in one contract and convergent handling of services from different technologies. All customer and partner administration uses one common database with a common set of functionalities, and a rich set of billing functionality.
- Convergent Billing and Finances. BSCS iX offers flexible real-time billing with configurable Taxation, Multi-Tenancy, Multi-Currency support, Promotion Management, configurable Rounding Algorithms and Open Interfaces. The BSCS billing component can gather charges, relating to any service for a current settlement period – including those provided by MVNOs, content providers, subsidiaries and others. It supports both batch and on-demand billing modes for Customer and Partner documents, and its split-billing capabilities allow separation of corporate and private invoices with different charging events based on flexible criteria.
- Rating. BSCS iX incorporates a fully convergent rating engine that can rate any type of usage, including, voice, data, content and any other event-based transactions. Usage charges are calculated either in on-line or batch processing mode. The system can perform rating for home subscribers usage, as well as for any kind of business partner, including roaming partners, service and content providers, interexchange carriers and external carriers. The assigned tariff models for all types of products can be configured and used to rate traffic and content usage and price usage-independent charges.
Why Use Ericsson BSCS iX?
Ericsson BSCS iX is an award-winning convergent billing and customer care solution, continually evolved over years to reflect operators’ changing needs and Ericsson’s deep industry knowledge.
Consider Ericsson BSCS iX if you want to:
- Reduce total cost of ownership. Optimize systems performance and reduce the number of systems you operate and maintain with one solution for billing, charging and customer care and their convergent business processes. Use x86 hardware for additional cost savings, and decrease integration costs through the system’s open, TMF-compliant interfaces.
- Increase self-sufficiency. Make many configurations in-house thanks to the open architecture, reducing your dependence on systems integrators.
- Extreme flexibility. Support the lifestyle requirements of consumers and the business needs of enterprise customers and partners, through extensive out-of-the-box functionality combined with a high degree of configurability.