Innovations in cellular technology have opened us up to new digital experiences: 2G allowed us to have better conversations, 3G enabled us to surf the web, and 4G has given us seamless video streaming.
5G is now taking us to the next level and closer towards our vision of the Networked Society. It will bring rich video content with zero waiting times, immersive VR experiences and a whole range of exciting IoT services – in this connected world, anything is possible.
To continue innovating, we need to invest in the visionaries. Ericsson supports licensing under fair, reasonable, and non-discriminatory (FRAND) terms which remunerates companies with patent royalties. This enables them to re-invest in future developments, from cellular technology to incredible new advances in video encoding and location-based services. It means that the fruits of early and fundamental research are contributed back to the ecosystem, which leads to technology standards being established for generations to come.
- ERICSSON sets out ‘TV as a service’ vision at IBC 2016
- Ericsson transfers parts of 2g and 3g development to Combitech
- Slovak Telekom demonstrates Gigabit-class LTE solution using Ericsson technology
- Ericsson and China Mobile conduct world’s first 5G drone prototype field trial
- Ericsson and Bombardier test LTE networks at speeds up to 200 km/h