Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) will unveil its ‘TV as a Service’ vision at this year’s IBC (Hall 1, D61). Ericsson will showcase how its new solutions, launches and innovation concepts underpin its ‘TV as a Service’ vision which creates opportunity for customers to continually transform television and delight viewers across the continually evolving and complex media landscape.
For many years Ericsson has identified and addressed industry trends and succeeded in answering the most challenging needs of its pioneering customers. At IBC 2016 the company will continue this fresh thinking approach by making Ultra HD a reality, simplifying the adoption of virtualization and cloud strategies and fulfilling the insatiable appetite of consumers for content on their terms.
Elisabetta Romano, Head of TV & Media Ericsson, comments: “Ericsson’s focus on continuous innovation is enabling our customers to provide consumers with the most cutting-edge seamless, personalized and immersive content experiences. At IBC 2016, Ericsson will introduce its vision for TV as a service and showcase its latest never-before-seen innovations, covering advertisement and analytics, virtual and augmented reality, an immersive sports showcase and the latest developments in video delivery.”
“As the entire media value chain undergoes enormous change, Ericsson’s transformative solutions and services will enable our customers to thrive in this new Internet age of TV,” concludes Romano.
Ericsson will show how its focus on analytics and data science is opening up a wealth of personalization opportunities; how its mobile-first capabilities and leadership in 5G is steering the consumer shift to 360 mobility. The company will also demonstrate adoption of modular and micro service-based software architectures by creating dynamic platforms of software-defined applications for its customers to deploy and scale for any scenario.
On display on the Ericsson booth will be a wide array of solutions and services that include:
- Media Enrichment to enhance content value
- Access services including the world’s first latency-free live captioning service
- Content Discovery services featuring the industry’s richest and deepest datasets
- Media Processing for high quality immersive consumption
- MediaFirst Video Processing – virtualization in content exchange, distribution and software defined live UHD encoding to the home.
- End-to-end UHD 4K and HDR ecosystem ready to deploy with live broadcast demos
- Media Management Services – featuring an interactive overview of Ericsson media management capabilities and updates to the cloud media processing platform
- Targeted Advertising – forward thinking demonstration showing how Ericsson sees the transformation in TV Advertising, with targeted insertion, personalization, ad replacement and programmatic selling.
- Media Publishing reliably creating hundreds of TV channels and serving millions of subscribers
- MediaFirst Cloud TV Platform, a software-defined, media-optimized platform for the creation, management and delivery of next generation Pay TV
- Next-generation playout solutions including virtualization elements to power the most demanding brands
- Media Delivery that seamlessly addresses hybrid and all IP networks
- MediaFirst Video Delivery – interactive applications demonstrating the impact of media delivery products on resulting video streams
- Latest from Ericsson Unified Delivery Network – disruptive ubiquitous content delivery ecosystem to aggregate service provider capability on a global scale
- Leadership in 5G impact on video with next-generation, intelligent video-centric networks capable of delivering UHD videos across multiple devices and locations
Ericsson will present thought leadership on a broad range of industry topics throughout the IBC conference, which is being held on September 8-12 in Amsterdam. Full details can be found here.
Notes to Editors
For media kits, backgrounders and high-resolution photos, please visit www.ericsson.com/press
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society – a world leader in communications technology and services. Our long-term relationships with every major telecom operator in the world allow people, business and society to fulfill their potential and create a more sustainable future.
Our services, software and infrastructure – especially in mobility, broadband and the cloud – are enabling the telecom industry and other sectors to do better business, increase efficiency, improve the user experience and capture new opportunities.
With approximately 115,000 professionals and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. Forty percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our investments in research and development ensure that our solutions – and our customers – stay in front.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2015 were SEK 246.9 billion (USD 29.4 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
For further information, please contact
Ericsson Corporate Communications
Phone: +46 10 719 69 92
Ericsson Investor Relations
Phone: +46 10 719 00 00