Ericsson to expand and modernize Personal's GSM network in Paraguay

Press release
Aug 01, 2007 09:00 (GMT +00:00)
Personal in Paraguay has awarded Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) a contract to expand, modernize and upgrade its GSM network with mobile softswitch, to efficiently increase coverage and capacity nationwide.

Ericsson's Mobile Softswitch Solution will upgrade and expand Personal network in Paraguay in the most cost-efficient way and will allow the operator to introduce high-quality services quickly. Ericsson will also provide a range of associated professional services to ensure successful network delivery.

Hugo Lombardo, O&M Network Manager of Personal Paraguay, says: "Personal leads the Paraguayan market in mobile services, with the most innovative services. We chose Ericsson for this significant investment because of its technology leadership, the value it delivers in its solutions, and its ability to continue to support us in our future requirements."

Fatima Raimondi, President, Ericsson in Latin America South, says: "We are proud to have been chosen by Personal Paraguay for its network upgrade and modernization and support them in this important step towards an all-IP network. Our state-of-the-art technology will keep Personal at the forefront in the region and allow it to bring the most innovative services to its customers."

Ericsson's Mobile Softswitch Solution is the world's most widely deployed softswitch architecture solution. It powers around 50 percent of all mobile networks with softswitch architecture that are in full commercial service.

Ericsson is shaping the future of Mobile and Broadband Internet communications through its continuous technology leadership. Providing innovative solutions in more than 140 countries, Ericsson is helping to create the most powerful communication companies in the world.



Ericsson Media Relations
Phone: +46 8 719 6992

About Personal Paraguay

Established in June of 1998, and operated by Nu'cleo S.A, PERSONAL offers mobile telephony services throughout Paraguay. Nu'cleo S.A. is made up of 32.5% by ABC Communications (Paraguayan group) (32.5%) with the remaining 67.5% comprised of Personal Telecom, Telecom group (W of Argentina - Investments), and TIM (Telecom Italy Mobile) of Telecom Italy.

About Ericsson softswitch solutions

Ericsson is the leading provider of Softswitch solutions for both mobile and fixed networks. Ericsson's solutions are commercially proven and fully standards-compliant, offering efficient and low-risk evolution of existing circuit-switched networks to a telecom-quality, IP-based service platform. Ericsson solutions use network resources in the most cost-efficient way to provide both classic telephony and next-generation services. More than 180 fixed and mobile operators worldwide have commercially launched services based on Ericsson's softswitch solutions.