Innovations in telecom: Our top 10 highlights from Digital Transformation World
I'm reflecting today on last week's event, where Ericsson together with industry peers participated at Digital Transformation World—previously known as TMForumLive. Whilst we started out our week with out of ordinary cold temps and rainfall—nothing was going to stop our Ericsson team from keeping visitors engaged and interested in what we had to offer to this year’s Digital Transformation World program.
At Digital Transformation World this year, our spotlight was around "Ericsson 5G open for business" emphasizing our role as the trusted partner and advisor for 5G strategy and implementation. To this end, topics and demos were selected from the Ericsson portfolio of offerings that are helping mobile telecom operators reach their digital transformation goals.
Watch the video interviews led by Dez Blanchfield with two of our attending executives:
- Manel Benazet, Acting Head of Solution Area, BSS Ericsson
- Rick Mallon, Head of Product Line BSS Catalog & Order Care at Ericsson
While the great moments are countless, below is my top 10 list, with links to more info, of what I found to be this year's event highlights:
1. Ericsson Consumer and Industry Lab Report: The zero-touch customer experience – launched on Day 1—it captures the opinions of approximately 7,000 smartphone users who had recent interactions with telecom service providers. Download the report and read Patrik Hedlund's latest blog post: Telecom Customer Experience: A zero touch future. Feel like you were actually there, by listening from our experts in the Facebook live recording shot on location in Nice, France.
Register now for our webinar Wednesday June 13th at 4pm CET. The zero-touch customer experience: How do telecom service providers rate?
2. Self-service stations – positioned around the Ericsson Pavilion, they provided the opportunity to download a number of Ericsson assets from the full Consumer and Industry Lab Report to our new NFV e-brief—the first of a series of e-briefs designed to help the telecom service provider overcome barriers to NFV adoption. Interested in downloading a few copies for yourself? Click here.
3. Entel case study presentation – as part of 2020 Digital Transformation track—attendees gathered for a fireside chat between Carlos Palito, Entel’s Head of Digital Transformation and Paolo Colella, Ericsson Head of Digital Services, (Europe and Latin America) on Driving Digital Transformation through the Customer's Journey. Have a listen to Carlos Palito and Paolo Colella, separately interviewed by Dez Blanchfield about how Entel with the help of Ericsson is achieving their business transformation goals.
4. Safaricom case study presentation – to complement the reimaging OSS/BSS track, Pramod Chinchunsure, Head of Next Generation NOC Program, Safaricom Kenya and Roberto Pulice, Head of Digital Services for South & East Africa, Ericsson, presented the latest milestones in Safaricom's NOC evolution—which features Ericsson Granite Inventory.
5. Panels – On day 1, Fernanda Mendez, Head of Management and Orchestration SA OSS, Ericsson participated on a Vendor Q&A panel on NextGen Service Assurance and on Day 2, Thomas Kinnman, Head of Solution Line Analytics & Assurance, presented Ericsson's views around getting more from your networks with analytics and AI. Listen in on Thomas' Periscope video below titled: Utilizing AI to extract real valued insight.
6. Seminars – a new addition to the Ericsson Pavilion program this year. I loved these! Our agenda included a series of 15-minute seminars on various hot topics. Make sure to listen in on my three favorite:
- Dynamic Orchestration for Enterprise Services with Verizon
- Monetizing BSS for a 5G world
- Utilizing AI to extract real valued insight
7. 5G Intelligent Service Planning and Optimization Catalyst – Here Ericsson collaborated with participants from AriaNetworks, MYCOM OSI and Wipro to demonstrate how a movable 5G network enables new immersive experience during events like the Tour de France. Ericsson contributed by demonstrating how planning, design and operation of network slices and 5G services will be simplified and automated using Ericsson Orchestrator and Adaptive Inventory. Look at this fabulous and energized team below and make sure to check out the video interview between Dez Blanchfield and Basma Driss, our Ericsson representative in the catalyst!
8. Expert workshops – back by popular demand—private and pre-booked sessions designed exclusively for the customer—based on the hot topics du jour. Did I mention—no slides are allowed? If you missed your chance at booking a workshop in Nice, you can always sign up to get in touch with one of our experts.
9. Demos – we covered all bases in demonstrating how Ericsson can help service providers achieve digital engagements, automated operations, and programmable networks. Sorry you missed out? Sample one of our live demos to see how easily Ericsson Revenue Manager can be used to support virtually any new service you plan to offer. Or find out how you can take quick action from real-time customer experience and behavior analytics with Ericsson Expert Analytics.
Hear from our experts:
- Neil Lilley explains his views on Analytics & Assurance
- Joanne Wakim describes the role of BSS in digital transformation
10. And last but not least…Erica's debut – our tiny celebrity dynamo, who took us on a journey from the Ericsson Studio in Sweden to the Ericsson Pavilion in Nice. Don’t let her size and cute voice fool you—she played a major part in helping demonstrate how operators can monetize with 5G and IoT in Ericsson Revenue Manager's Pay as you Drive-demo. If you haven’t seen her in action yet, check out her latest video while in Nice and join her growing fan base!
I hope these links make you feel like you were part of the event. Hope to see you next year!
Au revoir Cote de Azure.