Jan 28 - Dec 11, 2019
The Ericsson Innovation Awards is a global university student competition that gives you the opportunity to drive changes and bring your ideas to life. If you are a university student working toward your next level of academic knowledge, we challenge you to put your learnings to use and compete for a Grand Prize of 25,000 Euros and a trip to Stockholm to showcase your idea. Regional prizes and professional mentoring are also part of the prize package.
EIA 2019 theme: Dive Deeper
Nature is our largest resource for technology. Some of our greatest technological achievements were not original ideas, they were found in nature. Sonar, swarm logic, wind turbines, even Velcro, were all created from observing natural elements.
With 71% of Earth being covered by water, what else can we learn if we look a little deeper. Our challenge is to take the natural technology found within water and learn how to use it to develop innovative solutions.
Dive deeper...into our natural resources, into obscure opportunities, into unlikely places. Discover the natural technology within.
Dates to remember
- Jan 28 - May 06 - Phase 1: Register your team and submit your idea. Entries could be updated until May 06, 2019 at 11:59 pm (23:59) GMT
- May 06 - May 27 - Regional competition
- May 27 - Regional winners & semi-finalist announced
- July 1 - Oct 10 - Phase 2: Mentorship program
- Nov 1 - Finalists Announced
- Nov 5 - Dec 5 - Phase 3: Finalists Mentorship
- Dec 11 - Nobel Museum Grand Final
Get ready for the competition
Each year we launch a new Ericsson Innovation Awards season to challenge University students to come up with innovative ideas on how Information Communication Technology (ICT) can change the future. Learn more from our resources and get your team ready for this years' competition.