Ericsson Antenna System
The antenna system is one of the most crucial areas in a radio access network and a fundamental pillar in the Ericsson 5G strategy. Today's complex antenna systems with multiple frequencies and multiple technologies on the same radio site, put great demands on the ability to create effective solutions. With the acquisition of Kathrein Mobile Communication in October 2019, we have now one of the strongest combined antenna system patent portfolios in the industry, an important step in the execution of our Networks portfolio strategy. Ericsson Antenna System is an integral part of Ericsson Radio System and provides a full range of high-quality products in the following areas: passive antennas, active antennas, filters and combiners, tower mounted amplifiers, feeder system and accessories.
The performance of the components in the antenna system ultimately determines the effectiveness of the radio site, while a poor antenna system can severely reduce the radio network performance. With the increasing demands brought by the introduction of 5G, service providers should consider issues like radio frequency performance, mechanical failure and material aging or evolution and performance issues like challenges when adding bands, increased number of radio frequency connectors or network performance.
Helping you build the most efficient and best performing network
The telecom industry plays a huge responsibility keeping people and businesses connected. Our technology, support and presence are ready to support your network deployment strategy.
With a strongest antenna system portfolio in the industry and with more and more powerful 5G networks on the way, Ericsson’s antenna technology is ready to provide all the performance, capacity and coverage required.
Strengthened service organization
- Extensive antenna system implmentationexperience
- Local knowledge and expertise
Highest service quality to maximize revenue and minimize cost
- Optimized design service simplifying site acqusition and permit processes
- Fast and efficient site modifications
- Immediate site support to avoid traffic loss
Strong global presence
- Efficient processes and tools using latest artificial intelligence technology
- Optimized logistics
- Central verification and validation
Complete passive antenna portfolio with leading performance:
- Indoor and outdoor antennas with up to 24 ports
- Hybrid passive/active antenna integration solutions
- New platform architecture (378, 448 and 488 mm)
Antenna line devices
- Filters to control transmission and reception of wanted and unwanted signals
- Combiners to reduce the number of needed antennas and feeders
- Broad portfolio of RF-components to connect radios with antennas
- A complete range of accessories to create complete and optimized antenna systems
- Largest installed base of tower mounted amplifiers in the world
Complete active antenna system portfolio for all markets, featuring Massive MIMO and an industry-leading architecture:
- Custom silicon for superior mobility and beamforming
- Uplink Booster with full interference rejection
- Smallest footprint for easy deployments
- Industry leading energy efficiency