Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) will demonstrate at NAB Show 2014, April 5th-10th April, Las Vegas (booth #SU721) how it is making TV Anywhere a reality with its unique blend of innovative solutions, services and deep industry knowledge and vision. The company will highlight how it is enabling the creation of compelling TV Anywhere experiences through the delivery of Pay-TV at web speed, and the ability to make video-centric networks highly efficient.
Ericsson’s 2013 ConsumerLab research shows the continuing increase in content being watched on the move, with 72 percent of consumers watching video on a mobile device at least once a week. This shift to mobility, combined with the proliferation of connected devices and the spread of available broadband services, is having a transformative effect on the media industry. Ericsson’s heritage in both media and IP enables the company to address these changes and consumer desire for content any time, anywhere, on any device. As a result Ericsson is a key partner in helping content owners, broadcasters and TV service providers to excel in the services and experiences they deliver.
Visitors to the Ericsson booth #SU721 can see demonstrations of the following new solutions and services:
- The launch of Ericsson Virtualized Encoding, the industry’s first unified software solution designed to remove the complexity of TV Anywhere video processing
- Launch of Ericsson’s AVP 1000 stream processor and debut of all new 2RU dense processing platform
- The launch of Ericsson’s Next Generation Playout service that enables faster time to market and complete set distribution possibilities including OTT and VOD, enabled through a software-defined workflow
- Ericsson’s Future TV Anywhere vision, which brings modern web technologies to the TV operator world, enabling the delivery of Pay-TV at web speed
- Innovations driving revenue, cost savings and better consumer experience from both mobile and fixed IP networks by Ericsson’s Media Delivery Network solution, including the integration of three global CDNs to create an industry-first, plug-in media delivery ecosystem
- Ericsson’s multi-award winning and pioneering LTE Broadcast solution which is powering multiple video trials and revolutionizing content delivery over LTE networks
- The world’s highest performing video compression platform – the AVP 4000 video processing platform, powered by Ericsson’s in-house developed programmable chip, and validated through extensive industry traction and benchmarking in Cable, Satellite and IP delivery applications
Ove Anebygd, Vice President and Head of TV, Ericsson said: "We are standing at the brink of one of the most exciting and ground breaking periods in TV history, where 15 billion video-enabled, connected devices will rely on a global IP network dominated by video. At NAB, we will show our customers how they can transform their business strategies and engage in new, flexible monetization models that give tomorrow’s consumer more choice, better quality and greater personalization."
In a must-attend session, Ericsson will demonstrate its thought leadership by outlining what the media landscape will look like in 2020 at its Super Session – Television 2020 – Welcome to the Future, on Wednesday 9th April, 12.30-13.30, room S222. Conference attendees can also hear from Ericsson in the following sessions:
- The Future of 4K UHD – Examining methods to acquire, exchange and distribute content – Wednesday 9th April, 10.00-10.30, room S228. Speaker: Matthew Goldman, Head of TV Compression Technology, Ericsson
- Next Generation Sports Production and Delivery (part 2) – Sports: Broadcast’s Pearl – Tuesday, 8th April 8, 4:30 - 5:00 pm, room S227. Speaker: Martin Guillaume, Head of Business Development, Business Line Broadcast Services, Ericsson
- 2014 SVG Chairman’s Forum: the Future of Remote Production – Saturday 5th April, 15.30-17.00, Red Rock Hotel. Speaker: Matthew Goldman, Head of TV Compression Technology, Ericsson
Notes to editors
To find out more about Ericsson activity at NAB please visit our dedicated NAB 2014 media kit.
Download high-resolution photos and broadcast-quality video at www.ericsson.com/press.
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society – a world leader in communications technology and services. Our long-term relationships with every major telecom operator in the world allow people, businesses and societies to fulfil their potential and create a more sustainable future.
Our services, software and infrastructure – especially in mobility, broadband and the cloud – are enabling the telecom industry and other sectors to do better business, increase efficiency, improve the user experience and capture new opportunities.
With more than 110,000 professionals and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. Forty percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our investments in research and development ensure that our solutions – and our customers – stay in front.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2013 were SEK 227.4 billion (USD 34.9 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
For further information, please contact
Ericsson Corporate Public & Media Relations
Phone: +46 10 719 69 92
Ericsson Investor Relations
Phone: +46 10 719 00 00