We'd love your feedback!
We're happy that you liked the content on this page.
Please, tell us what you liked?
We'd love your feedback!
We're sorry that you didn't like the content on this page.
Please, tell us what you didn't like?
Ericsson Cloud SDN is a software-defined networking solution that provides seamless intra-datacenter connectivity for virtual and physical, workloads in a telecom cloud.
It is a unique combination of our industrialized version of the multi-protocol and modular OpenDaylight platform paired with advanced routing capabilities of our design.
It provides network automation services to VNF workloads as part of our NFVI solution.
Design follows the ETSI architecture and uses open source components including OpenDaylight and OVS. Integrated SDN software with OpenStack using standard APIs.
Automated Network Deployment
Automation reduces the need for manually creating custom network configurations for VNF onboarding. Automated processes configure the optimal network configuration for each VNF. Offers layer 2/3 services to VNFs, resulting in lower TCO and shorter TTM. Due to integration with OpenStack, the solution benefits from its lifecycle management and deployment automation capabilities.
Hardened solution to provide the level of high availability, robustness, performance, security, and operational efficiency required for telecom deployments. Tested and verified its operation as part of our complete NFVI solution with real-world, operational VNFs. As we learn more from our commercial deployments, we continuously integrate and deploy product improvements.
The NFVI deployments of telecom operators must support a diverse set of applications, including VNFs, OSS/BSS applications, and operator IT applications.
We included cloud SDN in our NFVI solution so that its automation capabilities would result in shorter service activation times and fewer human errors in these common NFVI operations:
- Datacenter network configuration
- Orchestrating network security for tenants, virtual machines.
- Establishing connectivity between legacy bare-metal services and the virtual infrastructure
- Support for multiple networking technologies such as layer 2/3 virtual private networks (VPN).
Ericsson Cloud SDN is built on OpenDaylight and Open vSwitch, which helps us benefit from an ecosystem with industry-wide participation.
The architecture of Ericsson Cloud SDN combines a centralized routing control plane in the cloud SDN controller with distributed forwarding planes in the cloud SDN switch. This combination provides these key technical capabilities:
- Full routing capabilities and high performance virtual switching
- Overlay networking solution for distributed datacenter and hybrid clouds
- Seamless interworking with enterprise and service provider BGP/VPN & IP/MPLS WAN infrastructures
- Open integration with industry-standard datacenter fabrics and switches.