Cloud Execution Environment
Ericsson Cloud Execution Environment (CEE) is telco-grade virtual infrastructure manager (VIM) Certified on OpenStack and OpenNFV. Deployed in our system-verified NFVI solution, it dynamically allocates resources for VNFs with telecom grade capabilities such as redundancy, high availability, high throughput with low latency, trusted tenant isolation, automatic VM recovery, and more. Ericsson CEE is running commercially at more than 120 operators around the world to provide efficient operations and optimized performance for their VNFs while securing an always-available cloud and NFVI infrastructure.
OUR KEY BENEFITS
Industrialized into a complete solution
Ericsson’s cloud execution environment has been tested, integrated, and documented as part of our pre-verified NFVI solution and Ericsson VNF certification program. Out of the box, with minimal systems integration work, it is ready to run real-world VNF workloads, and can be easily deployed in multiple instances wherever needed across your network.
NFVI settings such as huge pages, jumbo frames, NUMA awareness and pinning are already set to provide the best performance for virtual network function (VNF). If deployed with software defined networking (SDN), it supports DCP IPv6 and dual-stack routing.
Open and future-proof
Supports native OpenStack APIs, Certified OpenStack and is verified with OPNFV’s validation program (OVP) using the Dovetail test suite. It currently evolving toward supporting containerized environments for 5G applications. It can manage both applications and hardware from either Ericsson or other vendors.
- XL Axiata to deploy Ericsson 5G-ready cloud core technology
- Liberty Latin America selects Ericsson for major network evolution
- China Telecom and China Unicom select Ericsson 5G
- Ericsson selected as China Mobile 5G RAN and core network vendor
- Ericsson chosen in Altice Portugal for fixed Telephony
- Erillisverkot Finland chooses Ericsson 5G Core for next-generation public safety network
- SmarTone selects Ericsson’s 5G to power digitalization in Hong Kong
- Ericsson’s 5G platform adds unique core and business communication capabilities (Ericsson Cloud Native Infrastructure launch)
- Ericsson to modernize Telekom Albania core and radio networks
- Ericsson and Telstra achieve container-based commercial Evolved Packet Core milestone
- Bharti Airtel selects Ericsson’s 5G-ready Cloud Packet Core to boost network performance
- Ericsson launches enhanced 5G deployment options (Ericsson Edge NFVI launch)
- Telkomsel Indonesia to deploy Ericsson core in preparation for 5G
- Telekom Srbija and Ericsson go live with Core network virtualized functions
- Mobily deploys Ericsson full stack Telecom Cloud
- Telefónica presents an innovative way to broadcast and produce television with 5G
- Telecom Egypt and Ericsson go live with 5G Cloud Core Network
- Ericsson and Intel jointly develop next-generation software defined infrastructure for the 5G era
- Ericsson and Panasonic Avionics bringing connectivity to the skies with 5G-ready platform
- Ericsson and Swisscom get 5G ready for business
- Ericsson to transform Wind Tre core network in Italy
- Melita chooses Ericsson as strategic 5G partner
- Ericsson to automate Cloud Execution Environment (CEE) for NTT DOCOMO
- Eastlink upgrades VoLTE services with Ericsson in Canada
- Ericsson to modernize and manage TELE-POST’s network in Greenland
- Entel extends network partnership towards 5G with Ericsson
- Ericsson and Swisscom go live with Telco cloud
- Ericsson and Telkomcel launch 4G services in Timor Leste
- Zain Iraq to deploy Ericsson virtual EPC
- Telstra advances cloud media delivery
- Ericsson and Cisco to virtualize Vodafone Hutchison Australia's core and IP network
2016 and earlier
- Tampnet selects Ericsson for LTE and virtualized core network
- Ericsson adds cloud capabilities to accelerate LG Uplus transition to NFV and SDN
- Telefonica selects Ericsson for global UNICA program
- Swisscom selects Ericsson for telco cloud infrastructure and NFV of core network functions
- Telstra deploys Ericsson Telecom Cloud in full stack
- SoftBank deploys Ericsson virtual MME and Ericsson Cloud Platform
- Ericsson and Telefónica deploy first cloud-based VoLTE in Colombia
- Ericsson selected as solution partner for Network Virtualization platform and Cloud Manager by NTT DOCOMO
Ericsson Cloud Execution Environment uses these features to meet telco-grade needs for security, high availability, high throughput with low latency, trusted tenant isolation, and more:
- Pre-hardened and benchmarked with CIC-CAT Level 2 – exceeding 80% success rate.
- Compute Monitoring High Availability (CMHA)
- Controller and northbound API high availability with triplicated planes.
- High throughput with low latency through OVS/DPDK, SR-IOV, and PF-PT (Physical Function Pass Through).
- Fully automated VIM deployment
- O&M interfaces supporting SNMP trap, 3GPP PM reports (xml), and In-Service Performance API.
- Tenant network management through Cloud SDN