Cloud Execution Environment
Ericsson Cloud Execution Environment is the virtual infrastructure manager (VIM), based on OpenStack and OPNFV, in our market leading NFVI solution.
This telecom grade VIM has been deployed with more than 50 operators around the world and provides efficient operations and optimized performance for virtual network functions while securing an always available cloud and NFVI environment.
OUR KEY BENEFITS
Industrialized Telcom Grade VIM
Verified in a complete NFVI solution with real VNF workloads and designed for environments with pre-set optimized NFVI configurations. This makes it easier to instantiate several deployments network wide.
NFVI settings, e.g. huge pages, jumbo frames, pinning are optimized for VNFs as well as for dynamic workloads with high VM deployment ratio. Optionally integrates SDN, now supporting DHCP IPv6 and dual-stack routing.
Open and Future Proof
Supports native OpenStack APIs and verified with OPNFV validation program (OVP) using test suite Dovetail. Evolving towards containerized supported environment meeting the needs for 5G applications. Open for third party applications and hardware.
- Ericsson and Telstra achieve container-based commercial Evolved Packet Core milestone
- Bharti Airtel selects Ericsson’s 5G-ready Cloud Packet Core to boost network performance
- Ericsson launches enhanced 5G deployment options
- Telkomsel Indonesia to deploy Ericsson core in preparation for 5G
- Telekom Srbija and Ericsson go live with Core network virtualized functions
- Mobily deploys Ericsson full stack Telecom Cloud
- Telefónica presents an innovative way to broadcast and produce television with 5G
- Telecom Egypt and Ericsson go live with 5G Cloud Core Network
- Ericsson and Intel jointly develop next-generation software defined infrastructure for the 5G era
- Ericsson and Panasonic Avionics bringing connectivity to the skies with 5G-ready platform
- Ericsson and Swisscom get 5G ready for business
- Ericsson to transform Wind Tre core network in Italy
- Melita chooses Ericsson as strategic 5G partner
- Ericsson to automate Cloud Execution Environment (CEE) for NTT DOCOMO
- Eastlink upgrades VoLTE services with Ericsson in Canada
- Ericsson to modernize and manage TELE-POST’s network in Greenland
- Entel extends network partnership towards 5G with Ericsson
- Ericsson and Swisscom go live with Telco cloud
- Ericsson and Telkomcel launch 4G services in Timor Leste
- Zain Iraq to deploy Ericsson virtual EPC
- Telstra advances cloud media delivery
- Ericsson and Cisco to virtualize Vodafone Hutchison Australia's core and IP network
2016 and earlier
- Tampnet selects Ericsson for LTE and virtualized core network
- Ericsson adds cloud capabilities to accelerate LG Uplus transition to NFV and SDN
- Telefonica selects Ericsson for global UNICA program
- Swisscom selects Ericsson for telco cloud infrastructure and NFV of core network functions
- Telstra deploys Ericsson Telecom Cloud in full stack
- SoftBank deploys Ericsson virtual MME and Ericsson Cloud Platform
- Ericsson and Telefónica deploy first cloud-based VoLTE in Colombia
- Ericsson selected as solution partner for Network Virtualization platform and Cloud Manager by NTT DOCOMO
Ericsson Cloud Execution Environment is designed to meet telecom grade needs, e.g. on security, high availability, high throughput with low latency, trusted tenant isolation and more. These requirements are met by the following key features:
- Highly secure VIM through pre-hardening and benchmarked with CIC-CAT Level 2 – exceeding 80% success rate
- Compute Monitoring High Availability (CMHA)
- Controller and northbound API high availability with triplicated planes
- High throughput with low latency through OVS/DPDK, SR-IOV, and PF-PT (Physical Function Pass Through)
- Fully automated VIM deployment
- O&M interfaces supporting SNMP trap, 3GPP PM reports (xml), In Service Performance API
- Tenant network management through Cloud SDN
Learn more about Ericsson NFVI.