IoT for Automotive
The automotive industry is on the move, as connected car technology brings greater value to manufacturers and drivers. In the connected car, telematics monitor safety and efficiency, while navigation, infotainment and self-driving transform the driving experience. Together with innovators like Volvo, Ericsson’s Connected Vehicle Cloud creates a world of new possibilities for vehicles.
Whatever you call it – connected mobility, IoT or automotive intelligence – digitalization and connectivity are redefining the ways we move from place to place. Our connected vehicle solutions enable automakers and fleet owners to develop, deploy, secure and manage connected vehicle services worldwide. Telecom service providers rely on Ericsson cellular networks and operators to optimize those same networks.
A trusted partnership for connected vehicles
We are the enabler of connected automotive ecosystems:
- Trusted Automotive ecosystem provider
- Global IoT capabilities
- Futureproof connectivity provider
Our range of products
- Connectivity is changing the automotive ecosystem and the way your drivers interact with their cars. Ericsson’s Connected Vehicle Cloud caters to the global automotive industry’s need for scalability, security and flexibility when connecting products and services.
- Vehicle manufacturers and fleet operators can easily expand services to new segments and regions via the Ericsson Connected Vehicle Cloud. Ericsson's deployment model is flexible, with a central node and regional nodes based upon varying market requirements and local regulations. The Connected Vehicle Cloud is built for scale and flexibility.
- Today, it incorporates five core connected vehicle service blocks: Telematics, Infotainment, Fleet Management, ADAS and Autonomous and Software Defined Vehicles. Each block can be used separately or combined, depending on your needs.
- With the Connected Vehicle Cloud from Ericsson, our partners can integrate and manage an ecosystem of third party services and stakeholders. As an OEM, you can retain secure control of proprietary data such as vehicle and driver telematics as you partner with local businesses, traffic authorities, insurance companies, entertainment channels, maintenance providers and more.
In tandem with our multiple-award-winning Connected Vehicle cloud solution, we have created the Ericsson Connected Vehicle Marketplace. It is designed to give you all the tools you need to reduce the complexities of building digital service ecosystems for connected vehicles:
- Data orchestration: Securely share vehicle data with third parties.
- Consent management: Agreements between the driver, third parties and you, create a trusted environment to grow your business.
- Automated partner management: Seize long-tail sales opportunities through automated onboarding of third parties.
- Billing and settlement: Flexibly manage payment and revenue sharing.
Ericsson Connected Vehicle Marketplace enables you to focus on growing your ecosystem and capture the partner innovations your drivers really want.