- Annual Analysys Mason market share report again cites Ericsson as worldwide overall leader in telecoms software revenue
- Ericsson ranked first across multiple global market segments, including service fulfillment, service delivery platforms and network management systems
- Top ranking driven by global demand for Ericsson's market-leading software portfolio that is supported by strong consulting and systems integration capabilities
Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) today announced that it has been named the worldwide overall telecoms software revenue leader by Analysys Mason. The "Telecoms Software: Worldwide Market Shares 2013" report was published in August and also ranks Ericsson first in worldwide market share across 18 key segments, including service fulfillment, service delivery platforms, and network management systems. Ericsson's rankings reinforce the company's leading position in the expanding telecom software market.
Analysys Mason recognized Ericsson as first in market share by revenue worldwide in 18 segments, including:
- Telecoms software worldwide as well as in North America, Latin America and Europe, Middle East and Africa;
- telecoms software for mobile services;
- telecoms software product revenue;
- service delivery platforms overall, by product revenue and by product-related services revenue;
- policy management;
- network management systems overall as well as in North America and Europe, Middle East and Africa;
- network management systems by product revenue, by product-related services revenue, and for mobile services;
- mobile and PSTN hardware managed by network management systems;
- service fulfillment overall and by product revenue;
- inventory management; revenue management by product revenue;
- prepaid billing; and
Mark Mortensen, BSS Practice Head, Analysys Mason, says: "Ericsson increased its leading market share position in 2013 for its OSS/BSS solution sets and expand its contracts with tier one and two service provider customers. Ericsson continues to be the only supplier having nearly all of the software and services needed for operations. This position has been further enhanced by its recent acquisitions like Microsoft Mediaroom, Apcera, MetraTech, Azuki Systems and Red Bee Media."
The Analysys Mason report tracks commercially-provided licensed software, licensed software support services, and product-related services that help telecoms service providers run their business. This software provides essential capabilities such as billing, customer care, service assurance, service fulfillment, network and element management systems, and service delivery platforms. In addition Ericsson launched its new software model 15A in last September that includes predefined software value packages ensuring better performance and a software subscription component reducing time to market for new functionality.
Per Borgklint, Senior Vice President and Head of Business Unit Support Solutions, says: "Ericsson's continued top software rankings affirms our global strategy and continued focus on solutions that help our customers become agile as they boost revenues through cost-effective introduction of new technologies and services. New end-to-end customer experience management, cloud, service delivery and M2M solutions reflect our commitment to invest in areas that empower our customers to be agile in increasingly competitive markets that are filled with opportunity."
To meet consumer demand, operators need to keep improving the customer experience, capture new revenues and drive business efficiencies. Ericsson is enabling operators to become agile with a comprehensive, unified OSS/BSS software suite as well as world-class consulting, systems integration and managed services capabilities.
NOTES TO EDITORS
Download high-resolution photos and broadcast-quality video at www.ericsson.com/press
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society - a world leader in communications technology and services. Our long-term relationships with every major telecom operator in the world allow people, business and society to fulfill their potential and create a more sustainable future.
Our services, software and infrastructure - especially in mobility, broadband and the cloud - are enabling the telecom industry and other sectors to do better business, increase efficiency, improve the user experience and capture new opportunities.
With more than 110,000 professionals and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. Forty percent of the world's mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our investments in research and development ensure that our solutions - and our customers - stay in front.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2013 were SEK 227.4 billion (USD 34.9 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
Ericsson Corporate Communications
Phone: +46 10 719 69 92
Ericsson Investor Relations
Phone: +46 10 719 00 00