Turkcell and Ericsson sign 5G cooperation agreement
- Turkcell and Ericsson signed an MoU to develop use cases that will enable 5G usage in Turkcell network.
- The two companies will collaborate to identify different 5G use cases across various industries.
Ericsson(NASDAQ:ERIC) and Turkcell (NYSE:TKC) (BIST:TCELL) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) aimed at enabling the implementation of new 5G-related use cases that will emerge across various industries in Turkcell network. The two partners will jointly develop a variety of 5G use cases for different industries. The MoU signing ceremony was held on October 15, 2019 at the Ericsson Research&Development(R&D) Center.
Gediz Sezgin, Turkcell CTO, said:
“At Turkcell, we constantly work to help Turkey become a leader in 5G technology. As part of our vision, we have signed a new MoU with our partner Ericsson to unlock new 5G opportunities. We will continue to be the driving force that supports the digital transformation of all sectors in Turkey. “
Commenting on the extended partnership with Turkcell, Işıl Yalçın, Head of Ericsson Turkey, says: "We are excited to continue accompanying Turkcell on its 5G journey. With its low latency and high-speed capacity,5G will open the door to wider opportunities, innovative solutions, and applications – enabling new revenue streams from industry transformation. "
The 5G collaboration between Turkcell and Ericsson started in 2015 and now reaches a new milestone with the MoU agreement:
- January 2019 – Turkcell and Ericsson successfully conducted Turkey's first standard-compliant live 5G call in İstanbul. Thanks to its 5G-ready network technology, Turkcell became one of the world's first mobile operators to achieve a 5G data call in accordance with the 3GPP standards.
- April 2019 - Ericsson and Turkcell demonstrated 5G’s low latency features with EasyMile EZ10 self-driving electric vehicle at the Turkcell Technology Summit.
- August 2019– More than 2.28 Gigabits were recorded during a speed test conducted at Turkcell Tepebasi Plaza, using a commercial 5G phone powered with Ericsson-Turkcell 5G infrastructure.
Find out more about Ericsson 5G.
Find out more about Ericsson Spectrum Sharing.
Find out more about Ericsson’s other publicly announced 5G contracts.
Find out more about Ericsson’s 5G partnerships.
Find out more about Ericsson 5G use case trials.
NOTES TO EDITORS
MORE INFORMATION AT:
Ericsson enables communications service providers and enterprises to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans the following business areas: Networks, Cloud Software and Services, Enterprise Wireless Solutions, Global Communications Platform, and Technologies and New Businesses. It is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency and find new revenue streams. Ericsson’s innovation investments have delivered the benefits of mobility and mobile broadband to billions of people globally. Ericsson stock is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm and on Nasdaq New York. www.ericsson.com