Introducing 5G Talks
5G Talks explores the biggest topics surrounding 5G today and how the leading Telco operators are implementing the latest innovations to stay ahead of the competition. Featuring interviews with Telco professionals who share their strategies and experiences of implementing the technology across their networks, to Ericsson experts helping you understand the key principles and benefits of the technology itself.
Stay ahead of the curve with energy-efficient networks
In this episode we discuss how it’s possible to balance rising energy costs and environmental concerns with greater network efficiencies.
- You’ll hear how Vodafone UK is modernizing their existing network to reduce energy consumption.
- Deutsche Telekom discuss sustainable network evolution and how they built a renewable energy powered site in Dittenheim, Germany.
- Ericsson experts discuss what the energy curve is, why it matters, what it is showing us and ways to tackle it.
Watch episode 3 now.
- Andrea Donà, Chief Network Officer, Vodafone UK
- Leif Heitzer Senior Vice President of Center for Technology Competence, Deutsche Telekom
- Noelia Lopez, Sustainability and AI Marketing Driver, Ericsson
- Evangelia Tzifa, Head of Networks & Managed Services UKI, Ericsson
Get a slice of the opportunity
In Episode 2 we explore the enormous opportunity that 5G presents with network slicing technology – and how it could allow Telcos to truly transform the lives and businesses of their customers. Our host Angela Lamont chats with experts from Singtel, Telefónica, Google and Ericsson to discuss:
- How they are using 5G and network slicing today
- New revenue streams they are exploring with partners
- Network slicing from the device and software perspective
Watch episode 2 now.
- Yeow Lian - Managing Director Networks, Singtel
- Alexandre Harmand - Head of Network Platforms in CTIO, Telefónica
- Stella Loh - Senior Product Manager, Android 5G, Google
- Hans Hammar - Head of Radio Networks in Europe and Latin America, Ericsson
- Philip Brimblecombe - Head of Digital Services Strategic Programs Europe & Latin America, Ericsson
How Standalone unlocks the true value of 5G
In the first episode of 5G Talks, we discuss how you can transform your network and unlock new opportunities with 5G Standalone. Featuring an exclusive interview with T-Mobile about the competitive benefits they gained by launching 5G Standalone in the US. Plus, an in-depth discussion on the key principles you’ll need to consider when building your own Standalone network including how Dynamic Slice Selection enables new revenue streams for your business.
Watch episode 1 now.
Angela Lamond, Host and presenter
- Mark McDiarmid - SVP Radio Network Engineering and Development, T-Mobile US
- Hans Hammar - Head of Radio Networks, Ericsson
- Christian Jansson - 5G Business Development, Ericsson