Massive MIMO spectrum efficiency everywhere
The 5G future is here with more deployments, ever-increasing data traffic and subscriber growth. The new performance demands on networks require new levels of spectral efficiency, and flexibility. Massive MIMO technology offers communication service providers the larger bandwidth of the mid-band to deliver powerful 5G experiences nationwide.
Download the Massive MIMO handbook, extended second edition
New range of ultra-wideband Massive MIMO radios
Ultra-wideband: AIR 6476 delivers 600 MHz IBW, 400 W output power in 30 kg. AIR 6476 enables doubled mid-band capacity with zero added antenna footprint.
Dual-band TDD: AIR 3229 enables 2x200 MHz IBW, supporting two separated frequency bands in just one Massive MIMO antenna unit.
Dual-band FDD: AIR 3283 brings Massive MIMO on two FDD bands, enabling 3x more capacity on 4G and 5G with no added footprint.
- 2x more carrier bandwidth in one radio
- Interference Sensing, with up to 40% more capacity
- Intelligent Cell Shaping, with up to 35% higher cell edge speed
- Passive cooling across portfolio—no fans, less maintenance
- Cloud RAN ready
- 30 kg, 63 liters
- 64T64R branches
- Zero added footprint supporting legacy plus new spectrum
- Industry-first with ultra wideband Massive MIMO radio
- Higher output power with 4 W/MHz
“The new Massive MIMO radio AIR 6476 from Ericsson will double network capacity, allowing us to continue delivering premium mobile broadband services while lowering costs and avoiding additional site footprint. This solution suits the future needs of the South Korean market.”
- Kim DaeHee, Head of Network Infra Technology Group, at LGU+
Software for enhanced Massive MIMO performance
Software for energy efficiency
Deep Sleep for Massive MIMO and Remote Radios portfolio
Deep Sleep for Massive MIMO and Remote Radios portfolio can hibernate while consumers and businesses are asleep.
Low traffic hours enable substancial energy savings potential on each radio and site. Deep Sleep saves around 70% of the energy otherwise consumed by hibernating the radio when there is little or no traffic.
Our landmark Massive MIMO portfolio: Lightweight and uncompromised performance
The unique combination of low weight, large bandwidth, high capacity, and energy efficiency makes the Ericsson Massive MIMO portfolio stand out wherever it is deployed. Key benefits include:
- Easy deployment with lightweight radios
- Energy-efficient: up to 20% improved from previous generations
- Less maintenance with passive cooling
- Powered by Ericsson Silicon