5G Sites infrastructure
End-to-end solutions for the construction of 5G radio sites that are both future-proof and cost-effective for mobile networks that will operate profitably. We help service providers maintain cutting-edge infrastructure that meets today’s needs and future growth.
How site energy management and optimization works
Discover how to create best 5G Sites infrastructure
With the help of Ericsson’s hardware and software solutions, Deutsche Telekom became the first service provider in the world to implement a unified solution using a single management system for core, transport, radio access network (RAN), and hybrid power management, including renewable power sources at a commercial 5G mobile broadband site near the small German town Dittenheim.
5G sites infrastructure in a nutshell
1. Smart connected sites enable service providers to fully benefit from AI and automation features and manage networks in a more efficient way by unifying all site elements in a single tool.
2. Antenna systems represent integral parts of the Ericsson Radio System and include a full range of high-quality products: passive antennas, active antennas, filters and combiners, tower-mounted amplifiers, feeder systems and accessories.
3. Integrated site solutions are a combination of our cost-efficient, high-performance ERS products, offering the combined benefits of fast time to market, easy installation, and a higher level of product and infrastructure integration.
4. Installation and distribution system enables a complete ERS installation for any site type: on a tower, mast, rooftop, in the street, or indoor. All products are verified and tested with the related nodes to ensure their effectiveness.
5. Network Synchronization is a complete solution, including hardware and software, for access, transport and core networks. It provides support for all relevant options, including GNSS, SyncE, NTP and PTP.
6. Enclosure system is streamlined for 5G applications, offering features and functionalities that meet every customer’s needs during the construction of a radio site, with the lowest total cost of ownership on the market.
7. Power systems include a wide range of zero-footprint solutions for reliable, efficient and scalable power distribution as well as energy storage for 5G expansions.