Use case examples
• Blood glucose monitoring – for example glucose meters and insulin pumps
• Cardiac monitoring – for example blood pressure and cardiac rhythm management
• Sleep monitoring – for example sleep apnea and ventilators
Further examples of connected health devices and services that are using and benefitting from cellular technology are automated external defibrillators (AED), weighing scales and thermometers. Hubs/gateways are also used, with cellular connectivity.
Benefits of having a cellular connection
• Cellular connectivity adds value to devices and services for example through mobility, which improves quality of life for users.
• Cellular connectivity offers high security with end-to-end encryption which is critical for patient privacy, quality of care, and legal compliance.
• Cellular connectivity offers extensive coverage with a reliable and robust connection, which will improve quality of service and save lives.