When network meets high customer expectations
When it comes to what customers want from your network in the 5G era, the answer is simple – the best user experience possible. They want experience to be fast, reliable and available, and if you want to meet their expectations and keep their loyalty, your network needs to be constantly evolving. With our leading position in 5G Network Performance and our vast experience of RAN technologies, Ericsson can help you deliver everything you need to give end users the great user experience they desire.
How do we achieve great Network Performance?
Why Network Performance is vital
- Superior Network Performance offers service providers greater opportunities to monetize 5G networks by meeting the ever-increasing demand for data while at the same time providing greater return on investment
- According to the Ericsson ConsumerLab report 5G Pacesetter, quality-led service providers strive to deliver both excellent network coverage and performance in their market
- They lead on consumer perception and satisfaction:
- They are seen as 5G leaders by 70 percent of their own customers.
- They are three times more likely to retain customers and have 50 percent more customers who plan to upgrade.
- They are rewarded with an uplift in revenues due to their proactive efforts.
- They are nearly twice as likely to grow their average revenue per user (ARPU) and mobile services revenues by at least one percent year-on-year
5G Pacesetters are two times more likely to grow ARPU and mobile services revenues compared to other service providers.
Ericsson Performance leadership
Best "Public Benchmarking Win Rate" (in markets where Ericsson is present during the period January 2022 to January 2023)
Our portfolio in action
At Ericsson, we believe that our Network Performance is second to none – but don’t just take our word for it.
We use a defined metric called “Public Benchmarking Win Rate” which relies on the existing public benchmarks from the following entities:
- Umlaut Benchmarks and audits with drive tests
- Umlaut Benchmarks and audits based only on crowdsourced data
- Tutela reports, considering only countries with dedicated reports
- NET CHECK / CHIP Magazine
- Regulator Benchmark
The metric measures the percentage of wins of Ericsson RAN customers divided by the total number of benchmark reports where Ericsson has relevant RAN footprint.
Ericsson unique differentiators
Ericsson unparalleled RAN performance is achieved by embracing cross platform deployments thanks to our proven expertise and design experience developing the best-in-class hardware, innovative software and partnership collaboration with our customers. Our key differentiators are:
- Superior architecture – hardware and software co-design with Ericsson Silicon
- An unrivaled portfolio designed for the future. Multi-band and multi-radio access technology – a solution for every need
- Unique leverage of mid-band, the spectrum gem thanks to Ericsson Uplink Booster, award-winning Interference Sensing, Intelligent Cell Shaping and Carrier Aggregation with Coverage Boost
- Traffic Steering with the powerful, flexible and future-proof Advanced Multi-Layer Coordination framework, enabling service providers to make the most out of their spectrum investments and to give all users the performance they expect
- Our software blends big data with unique network domain expertise to deliver unprecedented speed, scale and accuracy in emerging internet-based network operations
- Network Support Services in partnership with communication service providers to continuously improve and optimize network performance, security and energy efficiency.