User Data Consolidation
Subscriber Data Management (SDM) solutions lie at the heart of modern telecommunication networks, providing identity management and granting users access to the different network services. As communication services continue to evolve, more database capacity has become a requirement, leading to a higher total cost of ownership (TCO) and a more fragmented view of customer data for silo-based networks.
With Ericsson User Data Consolidation (UDC), we turn these network data silos into a single, unified database, delivering state-of-the-art implementation of Data Layered Architecture (DLA) technology to provide greater efficiency in data management by putting the users (and not individual types of accesses or services) in focus.
OUR KEY BENEFITS
High availability and overload protection mechanisms:
- The most advanced mechanisms for resilience and redundancy, both on internal and network levels.
- Cooperative load regulation between business engine node/functions and subscriber data repository.
Deployment flexibility for network efficiency and operational cost reductions:
- Virtualized or physical data deployment options for the products within UDC, supporting 2G/3G/4G and 5G NSA access types.
- Flexible integration of different applications.
UDC offers a single point of provisioning to all application services.
- No provisioning needed in front ends, only in the common back end database
- LTE and VoLTE auto-provisioning
As a highly flexible solution that can be deployed in different ways according to service provider needs, UDC is able to scale from low-to high-capacity networks, transforming them into customer-centric networks. UDC offers a number of redundancy alternatives (such as, for example, 1+1 or 1+1+1), with each of its components deployable as native standalone applications, native co-located with other applications, or as VNF functions. UDC eliminates the complexity of managing subscriptions by consolidating subscriber information from a network’s various network silos into a common repository, resulting in a unified profile. This allows for simpler, more scalable network topology; greater efficiency in managing network database resources, and increased flexibility for the introduction of new services.
Leveraging this unified profile, UDC enables a more complete view of customer bases, facilitating the monetization of data assets to grow revenue through innovative use cases. Thanks to its embedded analytics and exposure capabilities, UDC makes the knowledge of service provider customer bases that is so crucial to delivering better customized services available in an agile way.
Apart from offering the most advanced replication mechanisms to ensure that data is trustable at all times, UDC provides advanced mechanisms for resilience and redundancy in line with telecom market standards. The solution also delivers a unique, state-of-the-art overload protection and load regulation solution that enables end-to-end congestion control by means of a real-time cooperation mechanism between the back end and the most critical application front ends, maximizing database performance under signaling storms.
The key benefits of using Ericsson UDC include leveraging:
- deployment flexibility
- reduced launch times for new services
- easy monetization of data assets
- high availability and redundancy
- unique protection from signaling overloads
- data consistency and durability in all network conditions
- flexible integration of different application front ends
- unique customer experience with seamless services continuity between different accesses
- proven multi-vendor capabilities