Ericsson Charging is a modular, scalable, open, single convergent Online Charging System (OCS) using industry standards and protocols.
As an evolution of the industry-leading Ericsson Charging System, Ericsson Charging provides a low-risk but effective route to capture and secure revenue streams and take advantage of business opportunities from both traditional telecom services as well as digital services, 5G and IoT.
It is the real-time heart of all BSS: a scalable, flexible solution with a strong user-experience focus and future-proof product roadmap, enabling real-time convergent charging, policy control, decoupling and fast service creation. It lets the operator control credit while letting users control their costs through flexible packaging, bonuses and discounts. Whatever the service, whatever the network, whoever the customer, Ericsson Charging lets the operator realize and create new opportunities.
Capitalizing on digital opportunities can be challenging. Customers are increasingly demanding and, at the same time, many new players are entering the marketplace. To compete in this environment, operators must not only maintain but also grow their part of the new value chain to gain loyal customers. This requires true service agility – the ability to provide a constant stream of new, innovative services, quickly developed and executed to perfection.
As an evolution of the industry-leading Ericsson Charging System, Ericsson Charging gives you an invaluable competitive advantage in this environment. It is the real-time heart of all BSS: a scalable, flexible solution with a strong user-experience focus and future-proof product roadmap, enabling real-time convergent charging, policy control, decoupling and fast service creation. It lets you control your credit while letting users control their costs through flexible packaging, bonuses, and discounts. Whatever the service, whatever the network, whoever the customer, Ericsson Charging lets you realize and create new digital opportunities.
Ericsson Charging is a modular, scalable, open, single convergent charging system using industry standards and protocols. Its technology is separate from individual business models, so you are never locked into one framework. It lets you offer innovative services tailored to a range of customer segments to capture a range of revenue streams. Pre-integrated with CRM, mediation, provisioning, self-care, policy, catalog, and traffic management, it is cloud-ready and cloud-enabled. Key features include:
- Real-time convergent charging. Use the centralized service creation and rule management for policy control and user self-service to give everyone the control they need: spending control for consumers, and credit risk and multiple-partner revenue sharing management for you.
- Full mobile broadband charging functionality. Enable differentiated mobile broadband offerings with the ability to charge for speed, bandwidth, or service. Send real-time customer alerts and notifications to enable spending control and personalization of offers. Meet customer needs by cross-bundling traditional services with new mobile broadband-based services.
- Scalable, modular architecture. Significantly save on capex and easily integrate with existing environments using open interfaces and standards. Address opex through centralized service creation and user self-service capabilities. Add adjunct solutions to a multi-vendor environment using modules such as data charging and more.
- Fully configurable tariff system. Develop unique, personalized, differentiating service bundles combining data, voice, fixed and mobile for all customer segments, using yield management functionality to create offerings that optimize network asset utilization without compromising strategy.
Ericsson is a leader in real-time charging, with more than 184 implementations managing more than 2.3 billion end users worldwide. Our feature-rich convergent charging solution can realize all required use cases, and our investment in ongoing research and development will allow you to further streamline system components and increase capabilities moving forward. Consider Ericsson Charging if you want to:
- Speed new services to market. Gain an efficient, centralized service creation environment that translates to the shortest possible time to market and attractive offerings.
- Reduce capex and opex. Maintain one convergent system for all services, all networks, and all payment methods. Reduce lead times and dependency on external suppliers through easily configured pricing and product offers.
- Enhance the end-user experience. Let subscribers request and update account information and remain informed about costs, balances, and bonuses in real time. Eliminate “bill shocks” and, with end-user notifications, create strong up-sell opportunities