Improve the customer experience with data mediation that ensures that correct and complete data is collected from across the mobile, fixed and converged networks with multi-vendor equipment and disparate IT systems and processed quickly and accurately. The operators can use Ericsson Mediation as the common data harvesting platform for all networks and IT system to interface with downstream BSS and OSS systems.
Mediation is a key telecom node as defined in standards, which is in between the data generators, like network or IT nodes and the data consumers which are the downstream operations and business support systems. Mediation system is responsible to filter out the non-relevant data, aggregate the partial data records and transform the data as per the format required by the data consumers.
The importance of mediation is ever increasing and it simply will not be possible to manage today’s complex networks without a fit-for-purpose mediation function. New technologies, new formats, new protocols and new, fast changing business models require a fully convergent mediation platform that can bridge all network elements with your Operations and Business Support Systems (OSS/BSS).
Ericsson as a company has been leading the mediation business since the need was identified in the 1990’s. All this knowledge and understanding gained over the years has been gathered into our Ericsson Mediation product. Today it is the market-leading mediation solution covering all your requirements in telecom and IT mediation. With modern interfaces, it even supports the big data you need to analyze and understand market and consumer behavior, so you can identify trends and act.
With Ericsson Mediation, you have one data mediation environment covering both BSS-related and OSS-related mediation, reducing IT costs and giving you the data you need to provide a consistent, high quality customer experience.
Ericsson Mediation is a converged mediation which resides at the boundary between the network and the business support systems to improve billing accuracy and granularity, support new competitive services, deliver revenue assurance for BSS systems and prepare data for analytics, IoT or other OSS systems thereby acting as a key data monetization enabler.
It collects, transforms and distributes data from your network and IT systems, making it available for a range of purposes such as charging and billing, service assurance, fraud detection and compiling statistics. It also provides post-processing systems with one stable, flexible and uniform interface for online and offline charging data collection – even when the network uses a range of technologies and equipment from multiple vendors. Key features include:
- Pre-integrated. Ericsson Mediation has been designed, tested and verified for fast deployment with Ericsson equipment, yet also supports equipment from other vendors.
- Agile Mediation to Handle Service Complexity: Ericsson Mediation provides several capabilities that redefines the way system is used. Due to the support of a state of the art web based interface, it is possible to access key functionalities remotely from any device. Ericsson Mediation therefore is clearly on track to provide the best user experience to the user thus becoming the platform of choice.
- LTE capabilities. Ericsson Mediation provides out-of-the-box applications for fast solution deployment in key areas such as charging and billing in a VoLTE. VoWiFi environment. It can be deployed as a VNF node in Cloud NFV environment.
- One Mediation for All Business Needs: As a single solution for all mediation needs, Ericsson Mediation’s vast capabilities enable OSS/BSS transformation and leverage all available data to power more informed business decisions.
- Enabler of IT Systems Interworking: The aim of OSS/BSS transformation is to increase flexibility and speed, but during any system evolution, different components will evolve at a different pace. Legacy systems need to coexist and interoperate with modern business support systems in different phases of transformation. Ericsson Mediation plays a key role in smoothening this evolution, with inherent capabilities to act as an IT-interoperability and message orchestrator.
- Flexible Deployment: Ericsson Mediation deployment options contribute to this flexibility in two important ways:
- Providing vendor independence for needed hardware
- By supporting various deployment modes i.e. native, virtualization and cloud.
Based on more than 18 years of data mediation experience, Ericsson Mediation is stable, predictable and accurate. It is currently used by 280 operators worldwide serving 1.5 billion subscribers. Consider Ericsson Multi Mediation if you want to:
- Reduce TCO. With Ericsson Mediation, you get our commitment to lowering your total cost of system ownership. The Ericsson platform decreases network complexity and reduces both operating and capital expenditure by providing a single stable, flexible and uniform interface for data collection, formatting and distribution towards back-end systems.
- Handle data growth. Ericsson Mediation excels as the central converged mediation system in an environment of extreme data growth, supplying simplicity and scale across services and systems. Simplified business flows enable on-demand vertical and horizontal scaling with minimum effort, allowing the operator to manage data growth while decreasing operational costs.
- Enable Revenue Assurance. Ericsson Mediation contains advanced functions that allow the operator to track and act on billing information to enable revenue assurance through instant indicators that lower revenue loss risk. It enables the addition of “probes” at different points within the business flows to track information. Predefined reports provide all key data points at a click of a button.The customer can create your own reports using a versatile custom reporting tool.
- Adapt faster to business needs. Ericsson Mediation gives the operator an intuitive service creation environment enhanced by software applications for common and well-defined use cases, along with a configuration toolbox. This allows for faster introduction and monetization of services. It also lets operators configure their system with ease, and set up the required billing and revenue management environment for their business.