Diameter Signaling Controller
The growing volume of diameter signaling has been driven by the deployment of 4G broadband, voice, and policy control solutions, with s many service providers today deploying Ericsson Diameter Signaling Controller in cloud centers to ensure maximum LTE and VoLTE coverage for subscribers.
The Ericsson Diameter Signaling Controller meets the high requirements for in-service performance and scalability demanded by control signaling products and can be used in the roles of:
- Diameter Agent – to route signaling messages between nodes in a network (in addition to acting as an aggregation and policing point to reduce costs and provide an end-to-end view)
- Diameter Edge Agent (DEA) – to route signaling messages between operator networks and provide diameter firewall and security functions, further improving network security by collecting and presenting security-related information from roaming interfaces
- Diameter Routing Agent (DRA)– to route signaling messages for policy control and charging (for example, by ensuring that loads are evenly distributed and that messages pertaining to specific sessions are routed to the same server nodes)
- Unified Signaling Firewall - to protect networks from malicious diameter signals. (Support for stateful Category 3 SS7 is also available.)
Certified diameter signaling integration expertise
The Ericsson Diameter Signaling Controller is accompanied by a range of Ericsson services, which are delivered by certified consultants with extensive experience in systems integration and technical support. This caters to a truly future-proof signaling network that can be deployed without disturbances and evolve towards a unified signaling architecture for all network elements.
Making an impact
The Ericsson Diameter Signaling Controller has been chosen by some 130 operators and is currently used in commercial operations both as a native and virtual node. The capabilities and performance of the product, coupled with Ericsson's end-to-end understanding of telecom networks and long-term commitment to the support and further development of signaling solutions, have made Ericsson the fastest growing signaling provider in the market.
Demonstrations of the Ericsson Diameter Signaling Controller can be arranged remotely or on local premises. For further information, please contact your local Ericsson sales representative.
OUR KEY BENEFITS
Ericsson Signaling Controller optimizes the throughput of the network
- Supports static and dynamic overload handling
- Sophisticated algorithms applied to take care of signaling peaks
Ericsson Signaling Controller offers best-in-class security solution
- Fully integrated signaling firewall & security analytics tool
- Delivered pre-configured – fast to get into use
Signaling is the heart of your core network – ensure you have a robust solution in your Diameter and HTTP networks