Ericsson NFVI solution enables operators to deploy virtual telecom, OSS, BSS, IT and media applications with speed while keeping total cost of ownership low. This cloud infrastructure solution is open and follows ETSI architectural principles. In order to get started quickly with cloud-based applications and with low risk, we provide a proven and pre-integrated solution that is evolved with edge computing and container management capabilities.
Short TTM and Low TCO
Deploy NFVI and introduce new services quickly with a market proven system-verified solution. Ericsson NFVI supports telecom, OSS, BSS, IT and media workloads.
Onboard applications from multiple vendors with our solution based on ETSI architectural principles and open source components. Use Ericsson or third party hardware.
Evolve with a full stack solution for central and distributed cloud deployments supporting both virtual machines and containers.
- Telekom Srbija and Ericsson go live with Core network virtualized functions
- Mobily deploys Ericsson full stack Telecom Cloud
- Telecom Egypt and Ericsson go live with 5G Cloud Core Network
- Ericsson and Intel jointly develop next-generation software defined infrastructure for the 5G era
- Ericsson and Panasonic Avionics bringing connectivity to the skies with 5G-ready platform
- Ericsson and Swisscom get 5G ready for business
- Ericsson to transform Wind Tre core network in Italy
- Melita chooses Ericsson as strategic 5G partner
- Ericsson to automate Cloud Execution Environment (CEE) for NTT DOCOMO
- Eastlink upgrades VoLTE services with Ericsson in Canada
- Ericsson to modernize and manage TELE-POST’s network in Greenland
- Entel extends network partnership towards 5G with Ericsson
- Ericsson and Swisscom go live with Telco cloud
- Ericsson and Telkomcel launch 4G services in Timor Leste
- Zain Iraq to deploy Ericsson virtual EPC
- Telstra advances cloud media delivery
- Ericsson and Cisco to virtualize Vodafone Hutchison Australia's core and IP network
2016 and earlier
- Tampnet selects Ericsson for LTE and virtualized core network
- Ericsson adds cloud capabilities to accelerate LG Uplus transition to NFV and SDN
- Telefonica selects Ericsson for global UNICA program
- Swisscom selects Ericsson for telco cloud infrastructure and NFV of core network functions
- Telstra deploys Ericsson Telecom Cloud in full stack
- SoftBank deploys Ericsson virtual MME and Ericsson Cloud Platform
- Ericsson and Telefónica deploy first cloud-based VoLTE in Colombia
- Ericsson selected as solution partner for Network Virtualization platform and Cloud Manager by NTT DOCOMO
We pre-integrated the latest cloud and open source technologies, including software defined infrastructure and automated orchestration, into a standards-based telco-grade platform ready for 5G. The focus is on rolling out operators' virtual network functions and services in dramatically shorter time because we have pre-integrated, tested and verified the solution. This approach reduces complexity and risk during the NFV transformation.
Our telecom grade solution is commercially proven with several of the world’s leading operators. Ericsson NFVI solution consists of software and hardware products as well as support and system integration services forming a complete solution for telecom operators.
Automated Orchestration and Management
Set up, launch, and lifecycle-manage your virtual network functions and services easily with Ericsson Orchestrator, and automate their deployment across underlying virtual environments and physical resources.
Telecom Grade VIM
Dynamically allocate resources for VNFs with telecom grade capabilities such as redundancy, high availability, high throughput with low latency, trusted tenant isolation, automatic VM recovery, and more with Ericsson Cloud Execution Environment - our telecom grade VIM based on OpenStack.
Container Management and Orchestration
The industry standard Kubernetes opensource container orchestration system is the foundation of Ericsson Cloud Container Distribution (CCD). It supports the deployment, scaling, and management of containerized virtual network functions and provides the Container-as-a-Service (CaaS) capability. Additional open-source software builds out the telco-grade cluster, adding components for ingress, networking, storage, and monitoring among other capabilities.
Software Defined Networking
Ericsson Cloud SDN is a network virtualization solution providing seamless intra- and inter-datacenter connectivity. It uniquely combines an industrialized OpenDaylight controller with advanced routing capabilities and provides network automation services to NFV workloads.
Software Defined Infrastructure
Create multiple virtual performance optimized datacenters (vPODs) from a single infrastructure, each optimized to run a particular type of workload. Assign or remove pooled compute and storage resources flexibly with Ericsson Cloud Infrastructure system based on Intel® Rack Scale Design. Ericsson BSP 8100 is a NEBS3 compliant platform optimized for central office deployments.